ad: MLSons-1

Southgatearc.org Ham News?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AI6OZ, Oct 28, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AI6OZ

AI6OZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What happen to Southgatearc.org ham news? There’s been no update since October 8th and the last couple of days the requested URL was not found.

2. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

I wondered the same thing.

Their Facebook page has this cryptic message seen below with my bold highlighting.

Perhaps their old server PC failed from so called "capacitor plague"?

[​IMG]

Southgate Amateur Radio News
    October 8 ·
    Foundations of Amateur Radio: Forgive my briefness. You'll discover why this space was left intentionally blank next week. It involves a broken capacitor, of sorts #hamradio #hamr #amateurradio

3. G6MXL

G6MXL Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand that the guy who ran it is now SK.

4. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

RSGB reports as follows:

The RSGB is sad to learn of the passing of Richard Brunton, G4TUT.

For countless years, Richard was editor of the popular Southgate Amateur Radio News website.

Every single day, he searched the world’s amateur radio and technology resources for stories of interest and published them.

Richard offered his platform inclusively, commissioning non-commercial podcasts and blogs to promote opinion alongside the conventional news items.

He also compiled the CQ Serenade weekly programme which was broadcast throughout Europe on shortwaveradio.de and other public-facing media.

Richard was an intensely private man who had no close family, but he reached thousands of friends daily through his website.

Amateur radio has lost a true communicator.​

From https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/headlines/2022/10/28/also-in-gb2rs-this-week-384/

5. AI6OZ

AI6OZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My condolences and thanks for the feedback.

W0PV likes this.
  6. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info. I wondered why that section of my RSS aggregator was blank.