SNAFU

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by N7XCZ, Jun 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here, except it was on 40 phone. Good coffee!

ND6M likes this.
  2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

wish it would work on my WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP!!! It works for a short while and then locks up the computer

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

That is EXACTLY WHY I refuse to use computer logging!! I use Paper ONLY!!! If I had a computer error, the logbook file could be ALL GONE!!!!

If someone broke into my house, the LOGBOOK would be the very LAST THING he would take.
    Conversely, if there is an Approaching firestorm and I have to Evacuate, the LOGBOOK and QSL BOOK are the first things I carry out the door. Then I come back for the cats

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And once that's done, you finally return for the Nun :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watching them for the first time on 17m tonight. I'm amazed at how many didn't read the ft8 contact instructions.

ND6M likes this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I'm just sitting here watching on 30 meters,.... lots of people calling with no CQ before.
    most of them are in the "restricted|" window.... NONE of them are in the log.

all though, I will say that the CQ's are few and far apart, they must have their reply number turned down to a low number.

7. KG5THG

From the KH7Z latest blog....

"Operations are now in full swing. Pileups have been good, with lots of contacts going into our logs. However, Baker island needs your help on FT8. Fully half the callers are using the wrong software and mode. You must have WSJT-X v 1.9.1, and go into advanced settings, and choose hound mode. Please make sure to sync your clock too."

Please note, they can not answer you with the old software and setup and you will never get in the log in ft8 mode!

K3RW and N2EY like this.
  8. KG5THG

Also, one thing I keep seeing on the DX spotter sites is reports of pirate stations that appear to be taking advantage of those that have not upgraded the software and following the operating procedures. I suspect that if you operated KH1/KH7Z with the old software on the standard frequency (or maybe even the new software that is not in hound mode), you operated with a pirate station.

http://www.baker2018.net/pages/plan.html

9. KL1T

KL1T Ham Member QRZ Page

I dislike WSJTX and hate the fox/hound mode. Twice I called them and got a signal response fairly quickly, but NEVER got a RR73. I will not be trying again, either I'm in the log or I'm not.

10. KF7TLL

KF7TLL Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running V1.9.0 WSJT-X.

And have Baker Island on 2 bands 18/20M FT8

Very easy to set up Settings/Advanced click Hound mode/Radio click fake it/Frequency right click Insert desired freq per there band plan.

Again MAKE SURE CLOCKS ARE SYNCED, And that you are TRANSMITTING above 1000.

So far confirmed on 20M waiting for latest update for other bands.