ad: ProAudio-1

Silent Key W9DJF

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KC9ZHV, Mar 5, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC9ZHV

KC9ZHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Details will be out soon:

https://www.pulliamfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Daniel-J-Fritchie?obId=30929744#/celebrationWall

My Cousin Daniel Fritchie passed away yesterday morning. I repeat W9DJF was involved in a motor vehicle accident yesterday morning and has passed away. I got the phone call from my Dad Larry Tedford in which I hadn't spoken with in several years. Those of you on here that are Ham operators please pass it on I am sure more details will be available soon.
    You will be missed W9DJF thanks for the many hours of amateur radio communication and fun.
    His first license was KC9EKE was granted on 06/20/2003.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Daniel J Fritchie, W9DJF SK

Daniel J. Fritchie
    February 21, 1984 - March 4, 2024

Mr. Daniel Joseph Fritchie, 40, of Oblong, IL, died unexpectedly on Monday March 4, 2024, following an automobile accident. He was born in Lawrenceville, IL on February 21,1984 to Daniel Fritchie and Stella Ann Wierman. He graduated from Palestine High School in the class of 2003.
    Daniel was a one-of-a-kind soul. He was someone who was always willing to help those around him in need. When in high school, he delivered newspapers, and even then, he took his commitment to his community very seriously. One morning while delivering the morning news, he noticed smoke coming from one of his customers’ homes. He took action, and because of his quick thinking, he saved that home from burning down. He was hailed as a local hero. Daniel was actively involved in the Amish community and was a licensed HAM operator for nearly 20 years. His call sign was W9DJF. Many days you could find him listening to his scanner, and even helping members of law enforcement from time to time. He was known as someone who would give the shirt off his back and wouldn’t ask for a thing in return. He knew no strangers was known to do random acts of kindness often. He made rooms brighter and touched the lives of everyone he met.
    Daniel is survived by his loving sisters, Sheryl and Stephanie Fritchie (Oblong, IL), an aunt, Betty Waldrop (Oblong, IL), and several cousins. He is preceded in death by his grandfather, Gerald Wierman, both parents, an aunt, Jennie Houser, and an uncle, Joe Houser.

Funeral services for Mr. Daniel Fritchie will be held 12:00 PM Tuesday March 12, 2024, at Salem Missionary Baptist Church in Oblong, IL, with Pastor James Dunlap officiating. Visitation will precede the service from 10:00 AM until the time of the service.

The family requests that memorial donations be made to the “Daniel Fritchie Memorial Fund” in care of Pulliam Funeral Home. Envelopes will be available at the church and at the funeral home. Memorial donations may also be mailed to P.O. Box 121 Oblong, IL 62449.

Pulliam Funeral Home in Oblong, IL has been entrusted with services for Mr. Daniel Fritchie.
    https://www.pulliamfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Daniel-J-Fritchie?obId=30929744#/celebrationWall