ad: LZQSLprint-1

*Silent Key Notice for Jeffrey I. Matheson, KB2TSV

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC2FO, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC2FO

AC2FO Ham Member QRZ Page

*Silent Key Notice for Jeffrey I. Matheson, KB2TSV*

The Burlington County RACES Team is saddened to announce the passing of Jeffrey I. (Jeff) Matheson, Chief RACES Radio Officer (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service - the FCC regulated modern day version of "Civil Defense"). Everyone who knows Jeff is aware of his unselfish willingness to serve and his cheerful spirit. The Burlington County Emergency Services Community has lost a truly valuable member today!

Our county has relied upon Jeff in numerous mission critical roles throughout the years. He was employed by the Burlington County Office of Emergency Management from 1977 to present day (37 years). A leader in the "Radio Shop", Jeff had also served on the Burlington County Chiefs Radio Liaison Committee during the rollout of the present day $30 Million Emergency Radio System used by the Central Public Safety Access Point (the
    911 center).

Jeff also served since 1999 as Engineer for Burlington County College owned WBZC 88.9FM broadcasting from Pemberton, NJ. In the past, Jeff worked with The Walt Disney Company, Express Broadcast Services, Metro News Network and Shadow Traffic Network Philadelphia.

Listen to Burlington County "F1" at 18:00 hrs (6pm) tonight for the official county announcement. ("F-1" is 154.220 MHz) You can link to it
    here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/17450/web

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.