ad: Flexradio-1

Silent key k5wfl

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD7LYJ, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD7LYJ

KD7LYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

My good friend and elmer k5wfl passed away Jan 12 th.
    I found out today by his son who happen to be at his house in Texas the day I called to check on him.I took care of Robert in the nuring home that I work in when he came in he was not expected to live onther month this was in 2001. I talked with Robert and he told me about his service In the O.S.S and his work with radio's in the south pacific and he told me he was a ham .I was not a ham at that time and he showed me a 2m ht that his son had brought in for him(At that point he had not picked it up) He showed me how repeaters worked and how for you can talk ect.I was hooked.He told me that I should study for the tech ticket and he would help me study wich seemed to raise his spirit to elmer me along in my path to become a ham.He became healther every day To the point were he move back to TX and said he would listen for me on HF when I got my General.I got my General ticket this sept.So Robert i hope they can hear my cq's in heaven you were a good friend and a great elmer 73's k5wfl de kd7lyj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.