ad: MLSons-1

Should we Contact Overstock dot com 4 Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AB8RU, Nov 14, 2004.

?

Should we Contact Overstock dot com 4 Ham Radio -

1. 1  Yes

100.0%
  2. 2   No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3   Still thinking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4   I will stick to buying at hamfests.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5   I'll stick to buying at my favorite dealer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6   No Comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Some fun to vote here Enjoy. [​IMG]

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I voted I will stick to buying at hamfests.. but there is a spot on overstock.com for ham radio gear to be listed..

3. AE4TR

AE4TR Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]   That's why I voted No..  I have searched Overstock.com and no ham radio items there that I could find.  Mostly just stuff that no one wants anyway.
        That, of course, is my opinion which I am entitled to, and usually stuck with. ha!    [​IMG]

4. KJ5T

I guess there is not much of a market for ham gear at Overstock.com.. Wal-mart sales CB gear, but you won't find any 2 meter HT's stocked on the shelf at your local wal-mart..

5. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamfests are still nice.

6. KJ5T

Yeah, even if you go to one and don't bring anything back going on the trip and meeting people is a lot of fun...

7. W4CEG

W4CEG Ham Member QRZ Page

I will stick to Hamfest and my favorite dealer!! Sorry discount stores...its nothing personal, just would like to talk to people who know about radios and not like RADIOJUNK. You all know where I am talking. [​IMG] 73!!

8. KJ5T

yeah, when you buy a radio you want the person who you are buying from to have some knowledge as to if the radio you are buying works..

9. K3UD

K3UD Guest

But there was a time when you could purchase ham radios at Sears.

George
    K3UD

10. KJ5T

Now with so many ham radio stores, its not hard to get a radio anyways.. Ordering from AES does not take all that long, and if I can't wait I can drive to Dallas or Austin.. who knows maybe someone will start a Waco Radio Supply Store ;)

11. AB8RU

maybe people have more fun @ EB because they are well est. and OS is a new kid on the block. however I still buy dealer, hamfest, and broker or pvt sale.

12. WD5JNC

WD5JNC Ham Member QRZ Page

I will stick to buying at hamfiests. I enjoy the company and meeting other Hams. Even when I dont buy i have fun.

13. KG4VBO

KG4VBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Still, it would be nice if we could all just walk into a large chain store and buy stuff, instead of having to go through mail order, online stores, etc. Just my 2 cents

14. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Being I live in New Jersey I ask WHAT ham store? I have two favorite sources, a ham store and a dealer but since both are so far away I have to buy mail order. Well, there is ONE fairly local dealer but stock is sorely limited as are the choices, I guess NJ must be The Backward State since equipment doesn't grow in The Garden State.

Hmmm, I'm in the market for a rig (seriously) so here I go firing off another postal money order.

73 de Warren KB2VXA

15. AB8RU

Hamfests are still fun, that will be here, I know a club that does mini swaps at the same time they are doing ham exams.

say ... when is the next linoleum adventure comming up ? those in GR know what I mean !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.