ad: CQMM-1

SDR Transceiver "ERMAK"

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by UR6EA, Aug 14, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. UR6EA

UR6EA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, everyone!
    For competitions and for every day QSO`s, I use the Ermak transceiver assembled from the kit.
    The transceiver was developed by my good friend UT2UK.

More indormation at https://sdr-ermak.com/

Several dozen sets were produced.
    The question is, is there an interest in this Transceiver among HAM`s?

To show what is inside the transceiver, what the set looks like, I made a short video.
    Like, subscribe.
    I will answer your questions below the video.

Write, ask, if there is interest, I will shoot a video about the capabilities of this transceiver, WEB remote control, etc.

73!
    Paul Stetsun UR6EA

AE8EM, N3AWS and KF5HWG like this.
  2. AG5PL

AG5PL Ham Member QRZ Page

This looks like a very nicely done kit. Unfortunately I can't find out much about the availability of it or the status.

Is there some more detail available?

Thanks,

John Stockton

UR6EA likes this.
  3. UR6EA

SDR ERMAK
    Live Stream
    100 Wtts, Delta loop Ant.
    CQ WW DX SSB 2023

To be continued!!!

N3AWS likes this.
  4. UR6EA

2-nd PART

SDR ERMAK
    Live Stream
    CQ WW DX SSB 2023

Attached Files:

• dede.jpg
      dede.jpg
      File size:
      248.3 KB
      Views:
    N3AWS likes this.
  5. UR6EA

3-rd PART

SDR ERMAK
    Live Stream
    CQ WW DX SSB 2023

1000 QSO`s in 11 Hours

The purpose of participation in CQ WW was to test the new firmware for the ERMAK Transceiver.

The software is being improved and by the time the new series is launched, I hope it will be even Cooler!

In the following videos I will show Remote Control of the ERMAK via Web-access!

Good luck and Enjoy the HAM Radio!

Attached Files:

• so2r.jpg
      so2r.jpg
      File size:
      256.7 KB
      Views:
  6. UR6EA

Hello everyone!
    During the past CQ WW CW, I tested Remote control of Ermak, Web Access.
    Unfortunately, during the contest, I got sick (cold...) and the videos were made literally "on the fly"!
    Self-control is not heard in the video, the issue of broadcasting self-control is currently being resolved.

You can see what Web Access looks like, how the transceiver is controlled by the N1MM program via TCP, You can see the spots that N1MM sends to the Browser through its filters e t.c.

Attention, please!
    The development of the project depends on you, on Your feedback and Wishes!

ASAP a decision will be made about the launch of a new Kits for assembly!
    Follow the project!
    sdr-ermak.com
    Author UT2UK

73! From UR6EA Paul Stetsun

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  7. KN4MKB

KN4MKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a built in digital interface either sound card or CAT?

8. AA7IS

AA7IS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this a Hermes light 2 in a box with display and OS on a tiny cpu like a raspberry pi??????

9. UR6EA

SDR transceiver Ermak is a "non analogues" development of UT2UK!
    The transceiver has its own unique software("real time" OS QNX).
    The CPU is integrated with the front panel.
    All transceiver blocks are individual and not copied from other devices.
    Design and development are carried out using the most modern methods!
    The units are adjusted and tested on professional equipment "Rohde & Schwarz".

I did not describe or show some of the functions and capabilities that are available in the Transceiver!
    Built-in Log, with its own Macros(for CW) and database, allowing you to use on expeditions without using an External Laptop, simply by connecting a USB-keyboard to the transceiver!!!

In the near future, I hope, the Final version of the Software will be released and it will be possible to make full reviews of all functions!

More information at sdr-ermak.com

In the Photo you can see the main blocks of the Transceiver and what it all looks like.

Attached Files:

N3AWS, WD5GWY, KM6MWO and 1 other person like this.
  10. KM6MWO

KM6MWO Ham Member QRZ Page

This looks amazing! I've been really wanting to get an SDR that can TX, and this really seems to tick a lot of boxes, but I am left wondering a few things. Here are some things I'm interested in knowing:

Purchasing one:
    • What do you imagine the price will be?
    • What vendors will have it? Or only direct from... Russia?
    • What sort of time frame until they are available?
    • What's the availability going to be?
    • Shipping methods?
    The Device itself (i.e. What are the specs of this device?):
    • Does the user need to 'assemble' the blocks together, as you mention in the 'what's inside' video? Is there a video showing that? What's the estimated time and skill level needed to do it? I see myself breaking every pin at this step if I need to do what is in this guide.
    • What FPGA does it use?
    • What CPU does it use? At what speed?
    • ADC bit depth?
    • Total bandwidth it can display, and in what chunks?
    • Upper and lower reception limit?
    • Is the firmware Open Source? If so, can you link to the source code? Who is developing it?
    • I know it supports TCI protocol, but do you think it might support OpenHPSDR Ethernet protocol 2 in the future? This would allow many existing software packages to be used straight away, including Thetis, which a bunch of people want to jump onto, but need a radio that supports the protocol.
    • Output Filtering ability? Is it these charts here?
    • Input notch filtering adjustments, or all in software in a PC?
    • We see two antenna ports. Does this mean the device will support Diversity Reception? Are they internally synced to the same clock?
    • No key or paddle port? I couldn't quite tell from the videos.
    • Nice screen, what's the resolution, is it touch? What type? Do you plan on selling one with no screen / buttons for remote use?
    Thank you in advance for all the information you've already provided. This looks really wonderful, and really close to what I'm interested in. The Hermes Lite 2 would be a 'step back', being 10-bit and 5 watt, based on chips from 2005 and 2009. I've been hoping others are aware of the same gap in the market and someone would come in to fill it.

A 14 or 16 bit SDR will diversity reception, something like internal Pure Signal, and the OpenHPSDR Ethernet protocol would just rock out. Using a nice encoder and screen like you have will rope in the 'appliance jockey' types as well, but I really think there is a big future in putting a radio in the vault at the tower where power and Internet are available and having the best of all worlds (higher antenna, lower noise floor in the country away from the city, where it might not even be possible to have an antenna) and even shared or 'club' rigs.

UR6EA likes this.
  11. UR6EA

Dear Stephen!
    Thanks for the questions!
    So, in brief:
    DSP_ARM board based on TI SoC. Screen 5 inches, 800x472. OS QNX.
    Available - 100 Mbit grid and two USB, touchscreen, 4 encoders, 26 buttons, main encoder.
    Connecting speakers or phone, 5 band equalizer for speaker and microphone.
    FPS is about 25. More is possible. The start time of the entire system is 5 seconds.
    Telnet is enabled on the receiver.
    Memory 64 MB
    Flash auto-mounting. Rootfs is deployed in RAM. There is a built-in 200 MB flash drive.

Span up to 960 kHz (min 3kHz)
    DUAL RX
    ADC 16 bit LTC2168
    DAC 14 bit
    Predistortion ASAP(at 1.8.0 software)

RX measurement results:
    https://sdr-ermak.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3146302
    MDS -136 dBm (with LNA) or -118 dBm without LNA
    Blocking level = 121 dB

Built-in CW key, built-in Log, the ability to work with macros without an external computer (OK for DX-peditions), digital mod, web access and its own audio transmission program(EAX) e t.c.
    There are so many things, a book needs to be written about the possibilities!
    Software - approaching the final part(1.8.0)
    Now - I`m useng 1.7.0

Developer - UT2UK
    The start of production of a new batch is being studied.
    Questions about price and configuration are within the competence of the Developer.

BTW: Closer to the release of the final version of the software, I will make a video about the capabilities of the Ermak transceiver.

More information at www.sdr-ermak.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    N3AWS and KM6MWO like this.
  12. UR6EA

Dear friends!
    We are considering the issue of launching a new batch of Ermak Transceiver!
    Crowdfunding.
    We count on approximately - 50 Kits.
    However, due to the uncertainty in Ukraine, production and assembly were decided to be carried outside the country for to minimize risks.

We will consider your suggestions for assistance with organizing production this wonderful Transceiver.
    Write by e-mail to the author UT2UK or me.

73!

13. UR6EA

Dear friends!

Unfortunately, the production of the Ermak transceiver in Ukraine is currently practically impossible.

We are looking for options for locating production in other countries.

The development of the transceiver continues.
    New functions and capabilities are being added.

We really hope to make new videos about this Transceiver in the near future.