ad: Schulman-1

Santa Net Kicks-Off Friday November 25th on 3.916 MHz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE5GGY, Nov 13, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE5GGY

KE5GGY Ham Member QRZ Page

For the 17th consecutive year, The 3916 Nets will be presenting The Santa Net on 3.916 MHz. Good girls and boys can talk to Santa Claus, via amateur radio, nightly at 7:15 PM (Central) starting Friday, November 25, 2022. The Santa Net will run nightly at 7:15 PM Central through Christmas Eve, December 24, 2022.

Pete Thomson (KE5GGY), of The 3916 Nets, commented on The 3916 Santa Net. He said, "Christmas is our favorite time on 3916. In our first year, we connected 4 or 5 kids with Santa. Now we’re expecting over 1,000 children to talk to Santa through the magic of Amateur Radio."

Youngsters can talk to "Santa at The North Pole" via strategically placed operators who relay the voice of Santa. Thomson said that The Santa Net is a team effort that involves the efforts of a number of 3916 Net members. He said, "Santa Net is only possible because of the members of the 3916 Nets who volunteer their time and talents. Each year our volunteers tell us that Santa Net was a highlight of their Holiday Season."

Prior to each night's Santa Net, pre-net check-ins can be made at
    www.cqsanta.com Third party rules and regulations apply.

The Santa Nets are presented annually by The 3916 Nets. The Rag Chew Crew, The Tailgaters and The Freewheelers are all amateur radio nets that meet on 3.916 MHz nightly. For more information on The 3916 Nets, go to
    http://www.3916nets.com For more information on The Santa Net, email KE5GGY at Gmail dot com.

CQ_CQ_Santa.jpg

KF7PCL, AB8MA, K6RDJ and 18 others like this.
  2. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Makes me wish I was a kid again, but I will tune in. I have no kids around to share Santa, but oh well. TU all for doing this. 73

KF7PCL, K9BRD, K6RDJ and 6 others like this.
  3. KB7KUH

KB7KUH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for putting this on for the kids.

K0ATV, K9EZ, W2CSI and 4 others like this.
  4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It makes the kid in all of us smile.

TX

K9EZ, N7KO, KQ1V and 2 others like this.
  5. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice gesture.

6. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I second, third and fourth this! All my kids and grandkids are too old and too far away to share Santa with them.

K4KPD, KO4TEW, N7KO and 1 other person like this.
  7. KO4TEW

KO4TEW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 56 but I might have to stop by and say hi to Santa

TA2IRX, K9EZ and W9EBE like this.
  8. N0GES

N0GES Ham Member QRZ Page

We did this last year on Christmas Eve and the kids still talk about it. Santa was coming in S9+20 and sometimes up to +40! Thanks for all the volunteers that help run this!

TA2IRX and KO4TEW like this.
  9. K9EZ

K9EZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you so much for doing this! I am going to try to get my grandkids on for this over Thanksgiving, and then maybe try to get some neighbor kids as well.

W9EBE likes this.
  10. KD5PUR

KD5PUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Always enjoy listening to this. No children and I doubt the cats would be interested.

11. KI4YTV

KI4YTV Ham Member QRZ Page

YOUR WELCOME, AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY YR. SOME OF THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD ON HAM RADIO

12. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Where I'm from in Central Louisiana, Santa would be on the tv and look through his handheld telescope calling out names he "saw". Man, we would be in front of the tv waving like crazy.
    This would be so cool to do as a child.
    I would like to tell him that I've been good!! 70 in January....

W9EBE likes this.
  13. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh I am totally going to try to work Santa at the North Pole;) With the Grand kids in the shack it will be the makings of a Multi op contest team someday:cool:

14. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is it safe to let children listen to 3.916 now a days ?

I guess they can talk to the Grinch. :)

KO4MAO likes this.
  15. K9IQB

K9IQB Ham Member QRZ Page

And what a great way to introduce ham radio to the kids. We are an aging membership in the hobby of Amateur Radio and need to encourage the younger generations to join in the fun. Great job, Gentlemen! And...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

de Kirk
    K9IQB