ad: QSLWorks-1

Sad News: Ross, KD7NWY has become a silent key.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4INU, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N4INU

N4INU QRZ Member QRZ Page

KC7LSP writes "Ross, KD7NWY was a great kid, at only 17, he already had a great life ahead of him. He loved computers and was already a proven expert. He was the network administrator for Shaker Town which is part of a multi-national company. He even had a job waiting for him as the network adminisitrator for the Winlock school district after graduating. Ross had everything to live for.

Although he was only licensed for 5 months, he loved amateur radio and

jumped in with both feet. His school exit project (graduation requirement) was about Amateur Radio. I was lucky enough to have seen a couple of drafts.

He did have an unfinished webpage at http://www.qsl.net/~kd7nwy if you would like to take a peek.

If you would like to write his family, his mother and step fathers address is listed under his callsign. Even if you don't plan to send a card, please type in his callsign and help ratchet his hit count into the thousands! Ross would have got a kick out of that. :)

His father Dennis' address is:

Dennis Lemon

315 Camelot Estates

Portage, IN 46368

73, Kevan"

2. N8GYM

N8GYM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish to send my condolences to the Lemon family,I sent a qsl card and letter to him thursday. god bless toy Chris n8gym

3. N2XJS

N2XJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Kevan...My thoughts and prayers go out to Ross and his family...as well as you. I followed the story but never got a chance to send a card. It was a wonderful thing you did to try and bring some happiness to Ross while in the hospital.

All the best,
    Tony - N2XJS

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Dallas just to say how sad we are in the UK to hear of the passing of your brother Ross and to pass on to you and your family our deepest sympathy and I am sure if they allow radio amateurs in heaven i am sure Ross is already in QSO with someone God Bless to you all from all the radio amateurs in the UK.
    Eric C Thew M1ZZZ UK.

5. K1VV/SK2023

K1VV/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Kevan ... very sorry to hear this .. much too young.. we just sent our club and personal QSL cards to him ...we wish the best to his family
    at this most difficult time ..
    Can some one post his bio on his QRZ.COM lookup for KD7NWY ? And possibly a photo ??
    Thanks Whitey K1VV

6. 9v1sm

9v1sm Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the updates Kevan. I am sure he was proud of his elmer! It is rather unfortunate that he passed away at such a tender age. May his soul rest in peace and let god give his family enough strength to tide over this crisis.
    73'
    Sasi
    9V1SM / VU3SNM
    Singapore

7. N1USH

N1USH Ham Member QRZ Page

My deepest thoughts go with everyone. I feel sad even though I did not know him. I have a son the same age and know how I would feel at his loss. Please send my condolences to the parents and siblings.
    "73 N1USH

8. N1USH

I was number 1250 looking up his call sign. I think it is wonderfull that so many hams are taking part.
    again "73 N1USH
    P.S. I forgot to say my condolences to all his friends also.

9. N1USH

I hope you check his email from his website, I sent one and am sure others have to.

10. KC2HTV

KC2HTV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A very special person indeed to have touched the hearts of so many people that he never physically met...May you be blessed for shareing your precious moments with us, through the ham community...Thank you Kavan...

11. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems all good things and people must come to an end, and like the monuments that were destroyed recently, even though most of us don't know Ross, it is still a great loss to the ham community.

May his soul rest in peace
    Ryan AB2MH.

12. NA7US

NA7US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Words will never be enough to ease the pain of losing someone you love but please know that we, as Hams, do feel the loss as well. My sincerest sympathies and prayers. Mitch

13. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

An SK at an early age. I feel the loss of the family as my children are that age. May they find peace.

From the dust whence we come, we shall all return, only the footprints we leave behind are the proof of our passing.

Good time of year to spend some of the time we have left with our own loved ones. May this season find you all with your close and loved one(s).

KL0XK//Don

14. W7SFO

W7SFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Kevan,

I am very sad that this ended the way it did. Ross was much to young to die, let alone die in a hospital the way he did. It makes me proud to be a HAM knowing that people like you are dedicated to not only elmer others, but to care for them and there family the way you do!

I wish there was something I could do to help you through this very hard time in your life. Just keep you chin up and be there for his family.

You will never get over this loss. However with time you will be able to look back at the friendship you had, and smile about Ross and the way he has touched your life.

I have lost some very close friends and relatives over the last few years, and I still cry from time to time about them leaving this world. But as time passes the tears are replaced with smiles and a laugh or two about the good times we had while they were still here.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to help you or his family through this hard time.

73!, Ryan

Ryan Eaton W7SFO
    http://www.geocities.com/magentawebpub/index.htm
    Tacoma,Wa USA

15. K4SFD

K4SFD Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to pass along my feelings of loss to our Amateur Radio Community, and as a parent and friend. Ross, you will be missed by all. I wish for you and your parents lovely memories and new life for you in a better place. God be with you forever. 73 from John K4SFD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.