ad: Radclub22-1

Sacramento 441.875 Repeater on the air.

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W6SCQ, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W6SCQ

W6SCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

All:

Thanks for reading this, I just got done building a repeater and am running it here at my home QTH and it works quite well after testing it. It's an open repeater and feel free to use it, 441.875 + PL tone 67.0
    (Okay I know what your thinking...just what we need, another repeater LOL)

73 -- Abe (N7SCQ)

2. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Where exactly at in Sacramento?

I'm in Stockton so it probably won't work for me, but a few friends of mine commute up that way or go that way in thier line of work sometimes, I'll pass the word.  They'll want to know kinda what part of Sac though, I'm sure....

Also did you know there is one in Placerville on that same frequency?  Might have to watch them to see if there is any interference either way, I don't know if you're coordinated or not.  Different PL though, and I saw it on a online repeater guide, so that could be out of date, not sure. Don't have my current repeater directory with me to check...

3. W6SCQ

the repeater is located off of Watt Avenue and Hurley, that would be the closest major intersections, you could say it is Central Sacramento, before I built the repeater I contacted NARCC for a frequency and 441.875 is what they want me to use and coordinated me for. I haven't heard another repeater in use on this frequency?
    73 -- Abe

4. K5GHS

Ok, excellent.  I'll definetely pass the word along.  My brother used to live right there in that area so I know where you're talking about.

I don't know if that other repeater is in use anymore.  It could be that this online guide is wrong-so don't take my word for it.  If you contacted NARCC about it, then they would probably know what is currently going on, and you should be fine then.  Glad to hear you got coordinated-another friend of mine who runs a repeater locally is dealing with interference from an uncoordinated repeater, so I know what can happen if you don't coordinate. NARCC doesn't have you listed yet, but they probably will shortly, I assume.

The site where I found the Placerville repeater listed was
    http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters .  I know there are plenty of listings out there, but you may want to add yours into that one also.  I usually rely on the ARRL repeater guide, but check this one also as it sometimes has 'more info' on a repeater if the repeater trustee added it.  

When I get up there next time I'll try it out [​IMG]  Thats a good central location for a repeater, you should cover Sacramento and the surrounding area quite well.

5. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, fresh meat for the GKK! (Gerritsen Klux Klan) [​IMG]

6. K5GHS

Gerritson is in Southern Ca.

If he is able to get into 440 from there to this one, then thats a pretty good 440 DX contact [​IMG]

7. W6SCQ

josh,
    I saw the 441.875 repeater in Placerville that you mentioned in that URL....LOL !! N6QDY? .... I know David!!! I gotta email him and ask about it, I think he switched freqs...
    73 -- Abe

8. K5GHS

That could very well be [​IMG] The link I gave you to that directory-well, its not updated much. He may want to update his listing [​IMG]

You should be good though, I wouldn't see why they would have coordinated you if there was an issue [​IMG]

Like I said, I'll try it out when I'm in the area. May try it from home tonight, but I doubt I'll make it in-I can get into some Sac 2m repeaters sometimes, but usually 440 won't go that far.

Keep me updated on how its going! I passed the info to a buddy of mine who goes up there, once he gets his dual band mobile going he'll be checking it out too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.