ad: Mountaingoat-1

Russ Love N9LXS, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N4WGN, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4WGN

N4WGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure how many people here knew him but i wanted to let everyone know that he past.

Russ was a good old guy. He was one of the reasons i got into ham radio. It was back in Dec of 1994. I was in N9WSQ's shack. He and Russ was talking to each other using packet radio. I said right there that i wanted to do that. Got a book in a very short time later i was on the air. The day i got on the air was because of Russ. He let me use a radio. A Kenwood TM 2550A. Told me if i mess it up i had to buy it. Also he helped, more or less made me a 2 meter dipole. I still have that to this day. A few years later i got the chance to buy that radio, and i still have it too.

Russ helped alot of people become hams. If I said 20 that might be in the ballbark. He allways had his door open to his friends and allways had the coffee on.

I knew him outside of ham radio. I went to school with some of his kids. Allen, N9TYA was just ahead of me in school and Jeff who past away about a year ago was just a year under me. He also help me out a few times when my car broke down. Coming to pick me up when it went down on my way to work. Then leting me use his van for a few days till i got it back..

Russ, We will sure miss ya. Dont forget Keep your powder dry

Bob N9ZXK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.