ad: CQMM-1

Robert A Carbaugh- K3OCW- SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K3OCW, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3OCW

K3OCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob Carbaugh- K3OCW of York PA became a silent key on May 12,2013 just 2 weeks shy of his 98th. birthday.
    Uncle Bob was in one of the last US Calvary troops around 1937 or 1938. He told me they took his horse, named Black Jack, gave him a truck, pissed him off, so he switched to the Navy & served till 1944. Bob was an engineer for various companies, like York International, & retired from Flight Systems Inc. here in the York PA area.
    Oh those nights sitting there listening to his HQ 140 ( I think it was the 140 ) and his Halicrafters. Uncle Bob, thanks for passing on the ham radio bug to me.
    Mike Carbaugh- now- K3OCW

2. K1LSB

K1LSB Ham Member QRZ Page

My condolences to you and your family, Mike.

I'm glad you took over his callsign.

3. K3OCW

Thanks Adam

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Sincere Condolences, God Bless and Comfort you and your Family.

I found your Uncles Obituary.

Robert A. Carbaugh, 97, died Sunday, May 12, 2013. He was the husband of the late Thelma T. (Mace) Carbaugh. Services are private. Heffner Funeral Chapel & Crematory, Inc., York, is in charge. He served in the U.S. Navy during WWII. Surviving is a brother, Clyde Carbaugh.
    Published in York Daily Record & York Dispatch on May 14, 2013

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/yo...carbaugh&pid=164788544&fhid=28191#fbLoggedOut

Former K30CW SK

73 K2HAT Lee

5. K3OCW

Thanks Lee. I asked the funeral home to mention his Calvary stint, but they didn't. Ah the stories Uncle Bob told me about his horse. And the stories of his naval tour.
    They've been passed on to my daughters and they tell their children when they get out the old pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.