ad: ProAudio-1

Randall McCloy, KC8VKZ

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K9AF, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K9AF

K9AF Ham Member QRZ Page

I just found out that the sole survivor of the terrible mine accident this week in West Virginia, Randall McCloy is a ham:  KC8VKZ

Perhaps the ham community might like to send him get well QSLs.    QRZ lists his mailing address as

Randall McCloy, KC8VKZ
    P.O. Box 223
    Philippi, WV 26435

2. N8CWR

N8CWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Jerry you know that is really a nice suggestion. Im the editor of our local ham radio club here in WV and am going to make up a real nice card and sign the clubs call on it and send it off to him. The Opequon Radio Society
    W8ORS
    Thanks.
    Calvin N8CWR

3. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a wonderful ideal, he and his family needs all the blessings both from his local community and his community in the amateur radio community.  Only god knows why he was the only survivor of his group that went down and my prayers and thoughts go toward his family and the families that is mourning at these days after that terrible act that took so many people.  Prayer and love is most important to give those grieving in these, may the lord above shine upon those greiving hearts and make not harden a heart human.  Focus not in pointing blame but for his surviving and the families that are suffering there lose of their father, son and husband souls that their mourning time.  There will be a time when judgement shall be passed but for now look for this time to heal the terrible wound that has ripped into each family's life to heal properly.

4. N1YW

N1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it's a great idea. Mine was sent out on sat. The feeliing of knowing so many people care will help.
    Larry N1YW

5. K3ENV

K3ENV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What a great idea! I will send him a card today.

Ed KE7HGA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.