ad: Radclub22-1

Radio Set Go

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB2QQM, Mar 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2QQM

KB2QQM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone tried one of these little Radio's built to order into a box ?

http://radiosetgo.com/#/

If he could fit a little rig like the LNR Precision SSB/CW Rigs....that might be a fun combo.

Greg

2. N8DAH

N8DAH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

for the price its just not worth it.

3. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They are definitely cute, and some nice craftsmanship goes into them. I know those Pelican cases are very rugged, but I'm not so sure about the ones that have solar panels or various connectors on the exterior. Any holes drilled through the case would likely compromise the watertight aspect of the Pelican case.

As a practical matter, if you need a rugged way to transport a radio, say for a whitewater rafting trip or something like that, simply putting a radio inside a Pelican case is a lot easier and cheaper than fabricating a custom panel or enclosure. Furthermore, the heat sink may work a lot better if the radio is out in the open than if it's inside one of those cases. And none of those cases look waterproof while they're open in the operating position, anyway.

So as much as I admire the looks and craftsmanship, and as much as I want to justify getting one of my own, I'm having trouble thinking of a practical reason why I should abandon my existing strategy of putting a shack in a Pelican case, and taking it out of the case when it's time to operate.

But they do look fun.