ad: Radclub22-1

RADIO - new song for RAMMSTEIN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

RADIO - new song for RAMMSTEIN

The famous German rock band RAMMSTEIN released on April 26, 2019 its new single entitled: RADIO

The video made for this title takes place in post-war Germany, showing us how radio is the main protagonist. The video revolves around the role and power of radio during the world wars, censorship and persecution of those who listened to foreign stations during this period. The words "Radio" recall a time when listening to the radio at night was an act of freedom.

It has been seen 7361562 views at the time of publication of my article!
    "Radio" is the second single of the new album of industrial metal kings that will be released on May 17th.

Watch the video here:
    https://hamspheref0duw.blogspot.com/2019/04/f4czv-allemagne-une-chanson-et-un-titre.html

Frank FØDUW

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/april/radio-new-song-for-rammstein.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you certain that you want to unleash Rammstein on this crowd? Video has it all: hard rock, auto-eroticism, naked people, dancing neo-nazis, I mean, what's not to like?

Google the Rammestein website and be prepared...

Check out the radio video and "Deutschland"

W0PV and WR2E like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Saw them live at the Tacoma dome a few years ago for their “Made in America” tour - absolutely astounding concert - one of the very best I’ve ever been to! But I’m a rock guy and like metal among a zillion other genres

But just sayin’... :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WQ4G and AG5DB like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Just watch this video and you'll see what it's all about..... LOVE those guys :)

[NONE of their songs have "hate crap" - the one in this video is all about the meaning of marriage and advising not getting married for the wrong reasons - NONE of their songs have Nazi crap or anything remotely like that - most are very uplifting and life-affirming in their lyrics despite the imagery]

Dave
    W7UUU

5. W7UUU

"Five facts about Rammstein" :) Interesting and fun "local cultural stuff"

6. VK6APZ/SK2022

VK6APZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Give me the BIG O any day.

VK6APZ Peter, Low band SSB DX for 33 years.

7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Big "O"? What's that?

W7UUU likes this.
  8. VK6APZ/SK2022

ROY ORBISON

9. W7UUU

Did he like Rammstein too? o_O

KN2RC likes this.
  10. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Great out-of-the ordinary post!

My YL of the last 19 years, Marion, is a proud Deutschland immigrant. However she is not a big fan of Rammstein :( but I enjoy their energetic provocative style :D.

The spoken lyric lead in "Attention, attention here is Berlin Königs Wusterhausen and the German shortwave transmitter. We're broadcasting dance music..."

My Zed bio features a pic of Marion pointing at this stations tower in Königs Wusterhausen which was in the formerly communist GDR.

This is a FABULOUS radio museum in a marvelously quaint suburban village on the outskirts of the city easily accessible by public transit. Its a 'must see' for any ham visiting Berlin. Best days are when they fire up the old diesel. Look for my 2002 entry in the guestbook.

Tuning the Lorenz xmtr below

[​IMG]

73, John, WØPV

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    WB9LUR likes this.
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK...HERE..HE ...IS!

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.
  12. VK6APZ/SK2022

Thanks for that , real music, by a great American Artist ..

13. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting holographic elements in both the Orbison simulated / live performance and the Rammstein studio video.

Lyrics an ode to liberation via SWL, works for hams too,

"Doch jede Nacht für ein, zwei Stunden
    Bin ich dieser Welt entschwunden
    Jede Nacht ein bisschen froh
    Mein Ohr ganz nah am Weltempfänger
    Radio, mein Radio"

Every night for an hour or two
    I escape from this world
    Every night a bit happy
    My ear very close to the world receiver
    Radio, my radio ...