ad: M2Ant-1

Question on the Rules, Field Day and the FCC\'s

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jun 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Fran / N3ZHC writes... "

A small group of newer hams are interested in setting up a station for field day, myself included of course. Most of the participants hold technician class licenses with no HF privileges. There will be at least three of us there with our HF privileges. My question is this: Can these technicians work on HF while we are acting as a control operator? If so, how would they identify the station? It would be my understanding that they would be permitted to operate the station, as long as a properly licensed operator was present as the control op. They would not be able to use their call sign for id, only the control operator's call. Is this right?

This will be all of our first field day adventure and as such we are not planning on actually placing an entry. We do want to follow the rules, both the FCC’s and field day contest, to better prepare for next year's event and entering at that time, even though, it will not be a "contest only" station this year.

We have had quite a few new hams in our area just over the last year or so and we just figured that this would be the perfect chance to turn these newer hams onto a little of the HF action, besides leaving them experience a couple of different bands and modes, other than just 2m FM. We're sure that they would have a ball and learn a little at the same time! And who to say, we'll probably learn a few things too! :) Just one of the great things about this hobby!

Other than that, if you might have any other ideas that you think could possibly help our group on field day, stories, suggestions, or whatever, we'd really appreciate any help that we can get!

Thanks in advance!

73 de Fran / N3ZHC"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.