ad: k1jek

QRZ temporarily waives subscription renewal fees for those in need

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Just paid mine......sheeeeeeh. Hehehe

Glad I did!

2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Fred, I think you are too mean to interest any bugs. You will be ok

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI QRZ FRIENDS,

WE ARE ALL NOW READING A LOT OF ARGUMENTATIVE INFORMATION.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE ALL BE A LITTLE "OPEN MINDED".

BUT

NOT SO "OPEN MINDED" THAT OUR BRAINS FALL OUT WHEN WE BEND OVER.

bending over brains falling out.jpg

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND MUST DO OUR BEST TO ""DISCERN""
    THIS INFORMATION.

KEEP SAFE AND HEALTHY

HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND.

73 - K1LKP

4. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

@AA7BQ You know I don't, I'm sure I won't, still, good on ya Fred.
    all our hopes

5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome Home Fred & Company...
    [​IMG]

K1LKP likes this.
  6. WB4UD

WB4UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad your both back safely... Hope all goesw well with your quarantine and thanks for all you do for the ham community....God speed and 73

7. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Take care Fred, your wife has a wonderful smile!

8. KW6RON

KW6RON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Click your heels and say "There's no place like home" .... You have been blessed with a safe journey.

Ron

9. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, this is not the same world it was two weeks ago. You seem to have figured that out through your latest "adventure." At least you and Robin are home safe and sound.

Your generosity in these difficult times speaks volumes of your character, your ethics, and your empathy for those in need.

Fred, you may not realize it but YOU and QRZ have been an incredibly wonderful role model for the ham radio community AND the general population.

The near future promises to be a wild ride. Hang on tight. I feel certain that God will continue to bless you and Robin. (Galatians 6: 7-8.)

I would say thank you for your generosity, but, then, you are not being generous. You are just being Fred. From what I have seen in the short time I have been on QRZ, I have come to realize that this act of kindness to those in need is normal for you; always putting others needs before your desires.

Fred, you don't need a boat, you are standing on solid rock.

John -- K4AGO and Margaret -- KM4SFY

10. G3UEQ

G3UEQ Ham Member QRZ Page

All the very best to you Fred and Robin
    I am in similar situation at present on day 3!

Andy G3UEQ

11. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not know that this sight had subscription fees, I don't remember paying any, am I bad?

12. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

The site itself has no subscription fees. Only call sign database access for applications like Hamradio Deluxe, which access the database through an XML interface.

N7KO likes this.
  13. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

https://shop.qrz.com/collections/subscriptions

Subscriptions are not required. I know different people have different reasoning for subscribing. I have only been a subscriber for a couple of years myself and I picked the level that made the most sense for me. There is substantial cost in providing this site, the more people doing lookups, especially with QRZ integrations with logging software and such means more bandwidth. Bandwidth costs money, servers cost money. While the majority of the forum staff is volunteer, AFAIK there are a few employees. I am not going to speculate on the true costs or if the employees are full time or anything like that.

I am also not going to judge anyone for not subscribing, I used QRZ.com for years without subscribing. Now that I am in a position to subscribe and also a more active QRZ.com user I decided to support QRZ.com in my own way. Everyone has their usage and reasoning, so no you are not bad for not subscribing but I would encourage if you do find benefits and are able to then do so.

Fred's offer to extend subscriptions to those impacted by COVID-19 is his way of giving back to those who have given to help support this site.

N7KO and K6LPM like this.
  14. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you gentleman, Yes I need to help support what I am using, as far as ham radio related websites go QRZ is my go to.

15. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

All right, if you think I will allow the rest of you people carry the burden of supporting this website (QRZ) all by your selves, well think again. I just signed up and paid for a subscription. Now I can hold my head up. TNX Fellas.

K8VHL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.