ad: cq2k-1

QRZ Logbook 2.0 BACK ONLINE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

The QRZ V2 Logbook is back online after some quick tuning.

We added a faster disk and optimized some of the database code to provide better service.

We truly want to let everyone know that we appreciate your patience as we want to make 100% sure that Logbook V2 will be sturdy, reliable, and resilient. As with most software development of this kind, it is difficult to predict what will happen under load until you get actual users using it. This particular project doesn't give us many choices when it comes to testing and so it helps a lot that folks are willing to bear with us as we help bring the new system online.

Those of you who migrated your logs the other day will find that a re-migration from V1 will take place when you return. This has been made necessary due to the fact that the original migration code had an error that was dropping some previous contacts.

For support, please use this forum instead of email or PM's. We'll keep a close watch on this thread and try to answer most of your questions.

73, AA7BQ

2. K0ZRK

K0ZRK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm glad to see it's back online. I'm going to wait a few days to upgrade and start using it, just to help lessen the overload of everyone upgrading at once. I've seen a bit of grumbling about it not being perfect the first try. QRZ.com is a great resource for hams, and we should remember that a lot of work goes into it. If the new logbook matches the quality of everything else I find on this site, it will be fantastic.

3. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you for your support and fixing the errors it up and running

4. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

We do the best we can to please everybody, however it's never possible. It was a must-fix situation, and by all appearances now it's looking pretty dang good!

You can feel free to migrate, no need to wait. With the amount of logs you have, the system can surely handle it :) I've already seen numerous people with 10 times the amount you have migrate today without issue. It's a beautiful sight!

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you like it! There will be many more great features coming in an already planned V2.1 that is in progress!

5. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How do we filter to see one of the following:
    confirmation requested
    [​IMG]
    confirmed
    [​IMG]
    partial confirmation
    [​IMG]
    flagged QSO's?
    rather than going through literally hundreds of pages?

6. M0HEM

you do the best to please everybody,:) however it's never possible!!! but most of the radio amateurs on qrz.com are very gratefull for the hard support that you do for us thank you again

7. 2E1TAF

2E1TAF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thankyou for your very hard work with this update. The site is worth every penny. In the new log will you be making a provision for a log search tool? You will probably tell me it's there allready. so sorry in advance :) I did have a look through the filter option and other boxes/options, but couldn't find it. Many thanks and 73 Dave

8. N0AMT

In the Filter Options, select "QSO Status" You will be given a drop down to select Flagged, Confirmed, or Unconfirmed. I will work on adding Partial Confirmations to that list.

What kind of search are you trying to perform? The criteria you are looking for should be available in the filter options.

9. 2E1TAF

Thanks for your supper fast reply.This is what i do when useing the old stile log. Before I try and work a station, I type in the search box to see if they are on QRZ, then secondly, I will pull up my log page and then type in the small search box on the lefthand side of the page, to see if I have worked them before. Have I been doing it a long winded way all this time? 73

10. N0AMT

Have you imported an ADIF file today? Are you getting an error 227 when you click on one of the imported records?

If so, all you need to do is re-import the same ADIF file to overwrite the old logs. This bug has been fixed.

11. N0AMT

AH! No need! In the V2 logbook when you add a new QSO, IF you have worked the station before, a table will show up saying "You have worked N0AMT 25 times before!" followed by a list of previous QSOs.

Test it out!

12. YO3IPR

YO3IPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi fred

My first migration was OK - I have only 235 qso's ;) The second migration has a duplicate qso - entries 13 and 14 (KP4** 2013-12-15) - both show confirmed and if I select either one and then click on "actions" the actions window appears with no options (no "delete" or "request confirmation") but I have since found that this is the default behaviour for a confirmed QSO. For the duplicated records, one shows frequency 0.000 and a time difference of 1 minute compared to my original entry - so I guess this was an error in the incoming match.

I am not too worried about getting it fixed, more to let you know that it happened.

73 to you and all the team and keep up the great work!
    Tony YO3IPR

13. M0HEM

please can you delete my new v.2 logbook

14. N0AMT

What is the problem?

15. 2E1TAF

I downloaded my log from the old log system first, the clicked on the new logbook icon in the dropdown. and an auto transfer of my log tookplace. Only notice I got was a duplicate of 8 QSO's, which QSO's they were, I don't know.. I had no error 227 displayed. 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.