ad: M2Ant-1

QRZ and The Situation in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

QRZ regrets the situation in Ukraine. Our hearts are broken for the people whose lives are being upended by these events. In light of the urgency of the situation, QRZ decided to allow its members to discuss the crisis openly even though our site normally operates with a strict "no-politics" rule. It was my heart felt opinion in this instance, that the no-politics rule was worth breaking. My ideals were apparently too lofty and as a result, I was heaped with criticism.

Since venturing out into the realm of allowing political thoughts to be posted, we are reminded again why we instituted the "no politics" rule in the first place. Allowing non-ham-related discourse on the site simply doesn't work. We were hoping that it would be helpful, but ultimately it wasn't. Some of our members lost their trust in us and we must now try, even if in vain, to win it back. We're remain deeply disappointed by the situation and saddened at our inability to effect change.

The discourse has once again demonstrated itself to be unsustainable and it is for that reason that we are once again turning the switch to OFF for all political conversation. We never expected to turn it ON. It just happened because the subject material was on the minds of all. We are sorry for those we disappointed and we pray for the victims in this whole mess.

73 -fred

P.S. comments are disabled here because they would defeat the purpose.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    K5WIX, RA6YY, WB3EYB and 155 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.