ad: MyersEng-1

QRPGuys DSB Transceiver Build Pt 5

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Apr 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

KG4BFR likes this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a question, It seems to me that DSB would violate the narrow bandwidth of the CW-Data portions and would cause interference to other modes on the opposite side band. IE using on JS8 could cause TXing in the FT8 section of the 40 meter band.

Seems they would have to be used in the voice sections?
    Or am I wrong here and DSB wont cause such interference?

3. VU3INJ

VU3INJ Ham Member QRZ Page

interesting build presentation. audio vedio clarity and contents good... watched all 5 vedios.

KM9G likes this.
  4. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

You are absolutely right, some of this is "gentleman's agreement" and some of this is data portion of the band. For me, the purpose of this kit was a fun build. I won't be attempting "Worked all zones" with it. QRPGuys was trying to make a fun kit at a fun kit price, so the compromise was the DSB.

I think with transmitted "silence" in the other sideband and the natural intermod combined with the robustness of the FT8 protocol lessens the impact.

But I'm just a random dude on youtube who likes buildings kits! ;-)

Thanks for watching.

5. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Nicely done video - I just ordered one of them so been searching out stuff like this. Now off to watch 1-4 :)

Thanks for posting

Dave
    W7UUU

KM9G likes this.