ad: UR5CDX-1

Q900 All Mode All Bands HF to 70cm Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0DQW, Sep 16, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Please tell your wife, that you did the right thing to the right time. And to have a correct point of view it takes time, but its often disappointing to have the truth.

G0NIG likes this.
  2. N2TCP

N2TCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A week after I got this radio the Q900 V3 locked up and the speaker was blasting. I tried to get to the battery and ended up screwing up the tiny ribbon cables that held it together. Might as well throw it in the trash now because it will never get repaired. From what it will probably cost I could have bought a better radio.
    The Aliexpress said to send it back and they will send me a new one. It was going to cost over $260 to send it back.
    I ended up shipping it back for $80 and they sent me a new V4. Had it hooked up to my laptop doing VARAHF and FT8. Tuned it on multiple bands without a problem. Tried vhf and went back to HF. Could not get any band to tune and each time I tried it just produced a loud tone on CWL and never stopped trying to tune the same antenna when it worked before. Also, vhf on the SO connector showed no carrier or audio even though the manual shows vhf/uhf from that connector. Tried it on the ANT1 and got carrier with no audio. Told the store I bought the radio from and they don't support this one after they got GUOHETEC to send me the V4. They just sent a Qcode to use the whatsup app to connect to GUOHETEC to talk to them about the problem. Have not attempted this yet.

3. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm surprised this is still around.

I did find something worse though - a $80 handheld SDR from China with a wonky tuning knob and zero performance above 80 meters.

4. N2TCP

N2TCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I created an account and sent 2 messages to support and checked many times and no return messages. I called the GUOHETEC company and and a man named Chen answered and told me to send him an email at sales@guohetec.com which I did 3 types with serial numbers and messages from the store on AliExpress where I originally bout the radio. I have yet to get any emails in return. These China places are Rip Offs.

N6ZAR and AA7IS like this.
  5. PU1PHS

PU1PHS Ham Member QRZ Page

6. VK3RY

VK3RY Ham Member QRZ Page

The PMR 171 radio I used worked fine, working out just what it was supposed to be doing was the problem. I have never seen a radio that has been so badly designed. It will be a challenge to learn how to use it. The manual is unreadable. It is not designed for ease if use. It does have a knob on it, but you can not use it for setting the volume or frequency. This means casually tuning the bands is out of the question. If you are thinking of buying one make sure you have actually have tried using one before you do. The developers should have consulted their customers before adopting the design. The package is brilliant. It just everything else is just.....

BH7HQT likes this.