ad: HamHats-1

PV8ADI Clovis Pinheiro Barreto Alencar

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by PU1MHA, Mar 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. PU1MHA

PU1MHA Ham Member QRZ Page

From Boa Vista-RR-Brazil

A huge loss for all of us! Mr. Clovis Alencar has passed away, today March, 17th 2019.
    The brazilian amateur radio community loses one of its greatest representatives. He will be missed.

Mr. Clovis crashed when he fell from one of his towers, designed and built by himself. At eighty, he had no more strength in legs to climb the towers, so he drew a "chair" pulled by a steel cable. The accident happened in another structure, similar to the chair, when Mr. Clovis was painting the tower, after the break of the cable.

Mr. Clovis was assiduous CW operator. Every day he was present in the pile-up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad to hear. Condolences to his family and friends. PV8ADI is in my logbook many times.

PU1MHA likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear of his loss. What a tragedy. And what an amazing thing, building all of those towers by hand. I have him in my log book a fair number of times on CW

May your friend rest in peace.

Dave
    W7UUU

PU1MHA likes this.
  4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

This is so sad to hear! I've worked him a number of times. He always had a great cw fist and was a pleasure to work and listen to. He was quite talented to have built all of those big towers, no wonder he had such loud sigs! A huge loss to the amateur radio community. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace..

PU1MHA likes this.
  5. PU1MHA

PU1MHA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all. Now it is time to update friends over radio waves and some of our coleagues simply cannot believe what just happened.
    He has hundreds of thousands of lookups, besides only 2k confirmed QSOs.

6. M0NPT

M0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

very sad news, I had the honour to work him many time on CW. RIP OM

PU1MHA likes this.
  7. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear the news - worked him less than two weeks ago - RIP.

PU1MHA likes this.
  8. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

My condolences to Mr. Clovis' family.

Like others, I'm fortunate to have PV8ADI in my log, and I got accustomed to hearing him on the bands. This is a big loss to amateur radio. RIP.

PU1MHA likes this.
  9. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Always in the air. Wished I had worked him more, but didn't want to dupe. It will be a long time to find a station as powerful or as resilient as his. RIP

10. VE3DS

VE3DS Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad to hear this news. Clovis had such a pipeline into Toronto on 6 m every season. I recall hearing him the first time on CW wow what a great OP! Super signal all the time, he will be missed for sure!!!! RIP OM!!! Dana VE3DS FN03

PU1MHA likes this.
  11. K8JA

K8JA Ham Member QRZ Page

Every Sporadic E Season On 6 Meters you Could Hear Clovis Pounding In On
    CW , Which Was His Only Mode That I Ever Heard Him Using ..
    He Was a Stellar CW Op For Sure R.I.P. Clovis
    Jack K8JA

PU1MHA likes this.
  12. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Big loss... propagation beacon to be sure....Worked him hundereds of times, across all bands, most contests, even when band was quiet, north america could hear PV8ADI calling CQ... 599...QRZ ? ... He was a great cw op . His antenna farm was impressive too. 3 ele 80M beam.. 6 ele wide-spaced 40M beam...and more. Wow, big loss. Condolences.

PU1MHA likes this.
  13. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad, this is very sad. It was the only station from South America that has heard and answered me on my poor setup. I was in time...

PU1MHA likes this.
  14. W9OD

W9OD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP, may God hold you and your family close to Him. You have graciously answered my calls several times on many bands. God Bless you, 73 my friend.

PU1MHA likes this.
  15. WB2WGX

WB2WGX Ham Member QRZ Page

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND. YOUR BIG SIGNAL WILL BE MISSED.
    73'S WB2WGX

PU1MHA likes this.