ad: portazero-1

Prediction challenge

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KD3U, Feb 18, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD3U

KD3U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,
    tonight I would like to write about an Idea I have. I am thinking of a contest where you have to predict what contact you will make, mode freq and QTH. I am not really sure how to setup the protocols for this kind of contest just yet. So any Positive natured comments are welcome. i am thinking something like this.

a week before the contest you have to submit a list of specific contacts you will attempt to make and in what two hour time block , for example

1) 80 meter cw S. africa 20:00 - 22:00 zulu
    2) 40 meters LSB Brazil 20:00 - 22:00 zulu
    3) 40 meter qrp ft8 texas 0800 -10-00 zulu

or

1) any station ft8 40 meters Finland 16:00 -18:00 zulu

or
    1) any station SSB 20 meters Texas 10:00 - 20:00 zulu
    1) any station SSB QRP Oregon 20 meters 10:00 - 20:00 zulu

or
    POTA 40 meters alabama 14:00 -16:00 zulu

ANY MODE, ANY Band, ANY scenario YOU JUST have to predict it ! Say it and do it, That simple

The idea is to predict what contacts you will make and see how close to that you come . you get a point for every prediction you make at start of contest. at the end of the contest you lose a point for every prediction you do not complete. from this you take the ratio percentage of PREDICTIONS to COMPLETED predictions , the winner is Completed percentage multiplied by the points.

The whole objective is to demonstrate making contacts to a location by choice. to demonstrate your skills and understanding of propagation,

its okay to arrange a distant station to work with you preferably by a Ham based text system such as chat in Gridtracker or other ham websites, email or telephone are okay however their is one stipulation and it is an honor system. Arranging the contact via phone or text CAN NOT be done during the 24 hrs cycle of the contest. once the contest day starts you may not contact the distant station other than radio.

So this is my rough Idea for a challenge
    contest

Thanks for reading
    Lee