ad: Retevis-1

POTA Activation With Elizabeth KD9ORR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, May 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great work as always!

M1WML likes this.
  2. WI4ND

WI4ND Ham Member QRZ Page

That was so much fun to watch. Nice work girls.

M1WML likes this.
  3. WZ3J

WZ3J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool. One of these days, I'm going to be an activator too. Thanks for the inspiration. 73 W3LOU

M1WML likes this.
  4. WZ3J

WZ3J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool Call!

M1WML, KM1NDY and N7XCZ like this.
  5. KD9ORR

KD9ORR Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang, this KD9ORR person needs to buy a coat.

M0OXD, N8ZI, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  6. DM2TT

DM2TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamradio to the fullest!

M1WML likes this.
  7. N8KRO

N8KRO Ham Member QRZ Page

wow great loved it

M1WML likes this.
  8. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Loved the video! Loved the enthusiasm and fun you yl's have! Thanks for the upload, and keep them coming. Your video shows young people and people potentially interested in Amatuer radio that we are not all grumpy old men and how much fun Ham radio can be!!!. Also liked how parkour was incorporated into the video:):):):)

M1WML likes this.
  9. WB6I

WB6I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Way to stick with it and complete your POTA activation. Hope you're able to recruit more of your peers into the hobby. We need more young people!

M1WML and 2E0TWD like this.
  10. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

great job, nice video... enjoy, have fun...

M1WML likes this.
  11. WB4JHS

WB4JHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video reminds me when I was a 15-year-old getting into ham radio! Keep it up ladies!

You guys are the future.... a bunch of us old guys are gonna be dying off before you know it. I think most of us will probably buried and put a HF rig in the casket and maybe there’s a a new trend to put cemeteries on the air COTA. Just look for a Dipole with coax going down into the ground in any cemetery and you’ll know where we’re at! Perhaps someone could suggest a frequency?

Consider moving south amigos or taking a vacation to some park in the south and talk your parents into it! We got some great state parks here in Florida and great cabins to rent. I have taken my Xiegu G-90 to cabins in through an End Fed Dipole it was 145 feet long up into a tree with a fishing pole in the three ounce sinker and put it up about 45 feet in the air and if I can hear them I can work them!

Keep the spirit of Ham Radio alive! There is a national shortage of humor these days so I am glad you made us laugh!

73’s...John
    WB4JHS
    Orlando, Fl

82992E75-615B-4617-8C23-016BE8C88D1E.jpeg 39EC8600-EADD-443E-8D01-D5209C2B8A4D.jpeg EA222F7D-7386-4B61-967E-0DA0D0D14CA4.jpeg FE5B0417-0AAD-4732-9036-701A98997CEE.jpeg D924277B-0B4D-4AA9-B761-19CD1DA85AA6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  12. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Great young ladies. I wish that I had that kind of energy again, when I use to literally run up the Welsh mountains with my fellow Junior leaders and then run down them just for the hell of it. Long time ago Ha . 73 de John - G0WXU

M1WML likes this.
  13. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job. Also, nice Live Stream the other night!.

M1WML likes this.
  14. KE8JNU

KE8JNU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome, sounds like a great trip! I am hoping to do space camp some year, it sounds like so much fun!

M1WML likes this.
  15. YB3CNE

YB3CNE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

awesome girsl, this is hamradio all about, experiment and fun. Loved it, 73.

M1WML likes this.