ad: Retevis-1

Portable and Compact Telescoping Fishing Poles For Ham Radio - Goture Goldlite

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9FFF, Oct 28, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W9FFF

W9FFF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello.

Here I show and discuss a Carbon Fiber Telescoping Fishing Pole which I use for Parks on the Air or any other time I have a portable station. I use it with an end fed in a sloper configuration.

The first half of the video, I discuss why the pole and building a spike for the pole to sit in. I then show the durability of the pole about half way through.

Hopefully you enjoy and maybe find a use for these poles. I know KK6USY (Chuck) uses similar poles for his portable Moxon as well.

2. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

the Goture gold mast seemed to be a good mast, I used it once... returned it and for 15 bucks more bought the Spider Beam 7m mast. The mast had a lower section jammed beside the one under it instead of nesting inside it , so you couldn't collapse it back together. That was simply a defect not a problem with the mast. That would've been a perfect mast had they had another in stock I would've simply had them swap it out instead of sending it back and purchasing another product. If you can find this mast in stock, it is an excellent "light" mast for an endfed antenna.

3. KIYOKOHANES

KIYOKOHANES QRZ Member

Great idea to use the hole, whatever it supposed to be used for, to hold the antenna! Great video!