Philippines: Amnesty for unregistered ham radio rigs

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT

G4TUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Philippines: Amnesty for unregistered ham radio rigs

Philippines communications regulator NTC has announced an amnesty for those who haven't registered their Amateur Radio equipment

They have until December 23 to register and pay the fees which are:

A. VHF and UHF Equipment
    - Portable 500 Php
    - Mobile/Base 700 Php
    - Repeater 1000 Php

B. HF Radio Equipment 1200 Php

Read the Philippines Amateur Radio Association (PARA) post at
    https://www.para.org.ph/news-amnesty-november-2019.html

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/20...s-amnesty-for-unregistered-ham-radio-rigs.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC should charge fees with all money going to personnel, enforcement, monitoring stations, etc.

Carl

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fees based on what? I have about 50 different homebrew rigs in various states of construction. Fee for completed transmitters. Receivers only? Schematics? Totally impossible to implement

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

What ever is used to TRANSMIT on federally licensed frequencies.

Set a power limit, group discount, commercial built only, paid only when purchased new, or whatever spins your crank; my comment was just a suggestion that will need revisions Im sure.

If it cuts down on freeloading leeches then it is a good thing.

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That 1200 peso fee for an HF rig equates to $240 U.S. - still a fairly hefty amount, and I bet they have to pay duty (or someone does) on equipment they buy from overseas.

6. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you're off by a decimal place? I get $23.61 from Google.

7. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How could you prove where the money was going? IMO, all the FCC hears from amateur radio is a bunch of whining. The House has the power of the purse, and I'm pretty sure they're sick of hearing about the various proposed bills certain entities are attempting to push through, year after year. While I have no doubt the government would take your money, there is little chance that a line item would go in the Federal budget for "personnel, enforcement, monitoring stations [strictly for the amateur radio service]. I understand your sentiment, but it's simply not practical IMO. Our government is better at money laundering than the mob.

KB1MCT likes this.