ad: QuirkyQRP-1

PC Logging Programs

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WB0NNI, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB0NNI

WB0NNI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Until recently, my son Rob, WB0RWH, and I logged and tracked all our contacts manually using a paper log (what a chore - particularly with nets).  We explored a variety of PC logging programs, but found many to be either too complicated, too expensive, or short of the capability to track the information that was important to us.  

This is not to say that we looked at all of them – we didn’t.   But we did give every one we ran across a shot, in the hopes that one of them would work for us.  Then, one afternoon when propagation took a dive, we ran across the site of Scott Davis, N3FJP.  Scott, whose wife is also a ham, put together a logging program that did everything we were looking for.  

Amateur Contact Log, or ACLog for short, is a Win 95/98 logging program that not only tracks contacts, but permits the selection and customization of data fields most useful to the user.  For example, a field can be set up for HHH and another for 3905 contacts.  At the click of a mouse, the program will calculate those states worked, confirmed, and those that remain (boy could I have ever used that when I was working on WAS).  And it does the same thing for DX contacts, as well.  

The best part of all, however, is that with ACLog, comes  Scott’s personal assistance with any problems that may be encountered (although we’ve never had any).  If you’re looking for a great logging program that’s simple and easy to use; that provides the kind of flexibility that lets you log contacts the way you want, and has a Scott, a second generation ham (his dad is WB3DLV), that stands behind it, check out ACLog, at http://www.n3fjp.com/.   Best 73s Bob WB0NNI

KA2FIR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.