ad: ProAudio-1

Paul W. \"SKIP\" Wilson,KE2XF

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

kb2kfv writes "It is with great sadness that I announce the untimely passing of Paul W. "SKIP" Wilson, KE2XF, Age 62. Skip passed away in his sleep early on the morning of December 12, 2001 at his residence in Stillwater, NY after a long battle with cancer.

Skip was one of the original founding members of the Troy Amateur Radio Association and was the driving force behind many of their Field Day weekends. For "Skipper" there was only one club, and that was of course TARA! He was always the first one to volunteer his services in anyway possible to make the club better for all. He helped "elmer" many amateurs over the years and was active as a VE.

Anyone that knew him was aware of his love for listening to his radio and also chatting on the TARA VHF/UHF repeaters and always was there to assist anyone who called for help. However, Skip's true love was the HF bands. He was always tuning the bands to find someone to talk to. In particular, SKIP loved the HF digital modes doing RTTY and SSTV. His preferred band for ragchewing was 10 meter SSB. In his earlier days he was an avid CW operator and had a fist that was as smooth as silk.

Please keep Skip's wife, June Wilson, KA2VEK in your prayers and thoughts or send her a message or card at ka2vek@n2ty.org or mail to:

Mrs. Paul Wilson Sr.

P.O. BOx 244

Stillwater, New York 12170"

2. KB2TRZ

KB2TRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sip was one of the first "Hams" I met when I was taking my Tech Class Exam. I would go over to Rudy Ault's (N2JZK) house after the exam and chat radio with them as I was still nervous from the exam. Skip and Rudy were both good Elmer's and they never steered me wrong. They were both most of the reason I joined TARA and met such wonderful people and am still in the club to this day. Skip taught me allot about SSTV even though I wasn't really into that mode I was curious and he was patient explaining everything. I am a FIST member and avid CW Operator and even though Skip and Rudy were not into that mode they always encouraged me and would give me support before and after the exam. In the last year Kirk N2LGE and Skip got me interested in the new Digital modes. We had many an interesting conversation over coffee at Rudy's when he lived in Troy. Skip and June were most of the reason I live where I live. Which is around the block from them. Do to work and being VP of the APWU in Albany didn't leave me much time in the last few years to see Skip, but I always enjoyed it when I did. He had a big impact on me and I always enjoyed being around him. He apologized to me when he thought I was mad at him once, but who could get mad at Skip. I explained I wasn't mad at him I was at work all the time and he laughed. I never relized that we at TARA truely are like family members and I will miss him very much but at the same time I know he is at peace and I will see him again. 73 KE2XF de KB2TRZ CUL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.