Parks on the Air ended 2021 with over 2.6m QSO's

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5QBF, Jan 10, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K1CWB

K1CWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm already out on this challenge....from day one lol. Was away with family on New Year's day so I never had a chance, but at least I've made a contact everyday since. Thanks for posting the POTA update Shane.

K5QBF and KM1NDY like this.
  2. N9UO

N9UO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done to all the park activators and hunters too! Hoping to do some activation this year. Been mostly hunting... 73 Al N9UO

K5QBF likes this.
  3. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Conditions were very up-and-down at the weekend for Support Your Parks but the sheer volume of people who are hunting now filled the log up. It will be really interesting to see what the numbers of QSOs are when the report on it all comes through. I worked several hunters on 2 bands out of 20/17/15 and a couple on all 3 yesterday. The sun was shining and I was at a new park with a beer and a pork pie, what more could a man ask for from life?

WD0BCT and K5QBF like this.
  4. KC1HNG

KC1HNG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like POTA because I can get many contacts in an hour (like 40 to 50). If I call CQ from home, I don't get nearly the same response. The noise floor is much lower in the park as well, which makes up for missing the power amplifier.

WD0BCT and K5QBF like this.