ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Palm Springs HamFest 2015 - March 14

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K6LCS, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The 2015 Palm Springs Hamfest will once again be held at the beautiful Palm Springs Pavilion, near the Palm Springs Baseball Stadium, Saturday, March 14 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This year’s hamfest will offer a VE testing session before the opening of the regular event.

Admission: Still just $5 - with free parking available. Where else can you get a day’s worth of entertainment for that?

Forums include ...

• Keynote by Gordon West
    • Andre Hansen presents on Broadband Hamnet
    • Dennis Kidder ("Arduino Projects for Amateur Radio") will talk about Maker Faire
    • Clint Bradford will present “How to Work the Amateur Satellites with your HT”
    • Bob Brehm, Chief Engineer at Palomar Engineers will present on curing RFI, working more DX and keeping your neighbors happy

Visit the event's Web site at ...

http://www.palmspringshamfest.com

/end/

2. AD7DB

AD7DB Ham Member QRZ Page

A once-per-century opportunity is coming up...
    Pi Day of the Century will be on 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 AM! (3.141592653)
    This will be the ONLY day this century that you can use the entire nomenclature!

I noticed that it happens to be the very same day as the Palm Springs Hamfest this year.
    If you guys don't do something at the hamfest to commemorate this, you are truly missing the boat.

3. WC6Q

WC6Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm looking forward to this as this will be my first Hamfest!;)

4. K6LCS

Arrive a little early - so you can snag a parking spot at the venue those a little late may have to park down the street, and be shuttled to the venue).

Clint K6LCS
    909-241-7666 - cell

5. WC6Q

WC6Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the tip Clint, will do!

6. KG7FIU

KG7FIU Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually you're a tiny bit off. Presuming two bytes each for each component of the HH:MM:SS
    time, the value would be 3. 14 15 09 26 53. Close, but no pi-cigar.

7. K6LCS

My goodness, the Palm Springs ham extravaganza is THIS SATURDAY! Come on out to a great venue with
    darned near about everything one could want to experience at a ham fest ...

http://www.palmspringshamfest.com

8. K6LCS

THANK YOU to those I met from QRZ.com today out at the Palm Springs HamFest!

We had a blast ... worked SO-50, AO-73, and APRS on the ISS - all before noon.

And when a guest speaker had a personal emergency crop up minutes before his
    scheduled time, the convention manager snagged me and declared, "Clint, you're
    on!"

So I conducted a completely off-the-cuff "Q&A" session - and we all had a great time.

Wonderful event ... well-attended ... not too hot for Palm Springs ... ARRL reps
    there, and AMSAT's FOX-1A project promoted to all within earshot (grin).

For raffle prizes, I acquired a Heil PR-10 Set from Dr. Heil, a gift certificate from
    RT Systems, and I offered a new Arrow 146/437-10WBP for $50 off to a happy ham.

If you are in the Southern California region, please make it a point to attend this
    wonderful show next year - the second Saturday in March.

Clint Bradford K6LCS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.