ad: Radclub22-1

Padded Carrying Case

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

wb7rbn writes "The new Yaesu FT-817 is creating quite a lot of interest these days especially with those who want to take it along on vacation. I know the ham stores sell padded cases for the rig however like most hams I am always looking for something less expensive.

In my case I wanted something for my IC-706MKIIG.

I found an excellent substitute for one of the commerical padded cases. AllElectronics catalog has on page 82 that's just the thing. A padded case with internal dimensions of 16X6X2.5 inches. This well-built black canvas bag has 0.5 inch thick high density padding all around and a nylon inner liner. There is a 1.5 inch wide webbed handle and a detachable shoulder strap. Heavy duty zipper, interior pocket and an adjustable velcro compartment inside. The bags are new with a company logo patch on one side which is easily removed. Best of all is the price - $5.00 plus whatever shipping cost. The catalog number is CAT#CSE-10.

Of course the bags can be used for 2 meter handhelds, tools or wharever. A good buy for the ham looking for a inexpensive carrying case.

Jim"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.