ad: Halibut-1

Original 13 Colonies Special Event 2013

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG4RUL, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

13 Colonies Special Event
    INDEPENDENCE WEEK
    JULY 1-6, 2013

CT-DE-GA-MA-MD-NC-NH-NJ-NY-PA-RI-SC-VA

The 2013, 13 Colonies stations will operate from 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (1300Z),on July 1st, to 12:00 PM (midnight) Eastern Daylight Savings Time, July 6 (0400Z, July 7)

There will be at least two S.E. stations per colony state. Also included will be Super contest stations, multi-operator Club stations and OM & XYL teams

The total QSO count for 2012 was 62,079 - expect MORE in 2013!

The theme for 2013 will be "Banners of the Revolution". The certificate is printed on heavy card stock. Stations working one state or, as many as all 13, will be eligible for the certificate. A "Clean Sweep" indicator will be affixed, for those lucky enough to "Q" all 13. A special endorsement will be attached for stations contacting our sister operation, WM3PEN, in Philadelphia, PA.

2. W9JR

W9JR Ham Member QRZ Page

In 2012, I made contact with 4 of the Colonies. Will they count toward all of them this year?

3. KU2US

KU2US Ham Member QRZ Page

Each year is different. All contacts with colony states must be made during that years event. Only one contact with a colony state qualifies you for a certificate.

4. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

are you still issuing certificates for last year? I have a clean sweep for last year and just forgot to send in the certificate request.

5. AC5RM

AC5RM Ham Member QRZ Page

If I can track down New Hampshire I will have a clean sweep plus the bonus station on my first attempt. Its been a ton of fun so far...

6. AC5RM

AC5RM Ham Member QRZ Page

Got him! Thanks, Richie! Man, what a rush, getting all of them with just a 100 watts and a G5RV JR - and I did it before my good friend with the big beam (K5NWS) did, because he can't catch K2B on twenty meters and his other antenna is down. :p Yes, I called him to rub it in.:D

7. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

The pileups are tough on 20meters today. I managed to get into K2J in North Carolina pretty fast but I've been having a heck of a time trying to get into K2K in Hew Hampshire. He's heard stations in Russia, Spain, Germany, Italy and every state here in the US but he hasn't heard me in Baton Rouge yet. I'm only running 95 watts into a G5RV and I'm pretty well covered by dozens of other stations everytime he unkeys.

8. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred / K2K is on 14.269 right now. Good luck getting through. I've been trying for about 2 hours.

9. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

New Hampshire has had quite a pileup every time I've heard them on the air. Live free or die!!

We finished our 14 events tonight with my home club. I worked 4 or 5 of the stations out of the 14. This was a very fun event.

10. N9DMC

N9DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

He's at 14.260 right now. Have fun, quite the pile up.

11. N1JGE

N1JGE Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't look good for a sweep. I need K2D, K2G and K2M. K2D and K2M had big pile ups and I don't know where K2G is hiding. I like to see the stats on this one.

12. KS4YX

KS4YX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is Friday morning here, and I just worked DE on 20M quite easily. I am having a tough time with VA and MD. I was quite disappointed yesterday when VA was loud and clear on 40M when several LIDS got into some verbal ugliness and then all Hell broke lose. That verbal onslaught ruined my best chance. If the FCC catches those morons, they will not be able to dig a hole deep enough under the jail for them to stay. Hopefully today will be much better.

13. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

[TABLE="width: 1020"]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]IMPORTANT CHANGE TO ORIGINAL 13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT OPERATING DATES[/FONT]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Due to extreme weather conditions in some of the Colony states, our operating dates will be extended to 08:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time, July 7 (0000Z, July 8) .[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]There will be at least one phone operator per colony State. WM3PEN and satellite operators may, or may not be operating.[/FONT]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [HR][/HR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

We will post further updates here an on our web page: http://www.13colonies.info/

14. KB3TYC

KB3TYC Ham Member QRZ Page

For me North Carolina has been non-existent this year.

15. KB3TYC

KB3TYC Ham Member QRZ Page

K2J is like a jack rabbit -- jumping around between bands and modes this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.