ad: elecraft

Operation Enduring Freedom, Part 2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4INU, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N4INU

N4INU QRZ Member QRZ Page

"Sergeant T" writes "Good morning again! I must say that I was quite amazed at the response to the last post I had made regarding Operation Enduring Freedom. Thank you all for the kind words in return. There were many comments from prior service members that have been in uncomfortable situations in order to protect America's freedom also. To them I wish to say

thank you and I am proud to carry on the tradition that they to served.

A few of you mentioned you'd like me to let you know when I am back and where on the bands I will be. I will ensure that I remember to do that. At that point I will also post my call so you will know who to look for. hi hi. As one reply hinted, wouldn't it be something to get on the air and call CQ FROM THE USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT? Now THAT would be something! I know that amateur radio is going to be around for a long while. I think HAMs guard our spectrum more fiercely than we are hunting for Osama bin Ladin! hi hi

I have to get going now so will sign clear.
    From the Indian Ocean, Semper Fi and 73's!
    Sergeant T
    USMC"

2. KD7PT

KD7PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey there Sergeant T, Merry Christmas to you and all my brothers over there carrying on the great tradition of our beloved Corps! Pass the word that we're behind you guys 110%. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Semper Fi, Tom - KD5TL - another OLD SGT.

3. WY7TG

WY7TG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Greetings from another of America's secret weapons against terrorism.

Merchant Seaman, YES Now civilians, many (like me) former military, 22 years, and still doing the job. The next time you get fuel at sea, or receive stores (food, paper products, or Ammo) look over and say Hi. Yes there are many other Hams out there working. and YES we thank you also.

Tom N7WEM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.