ad: elecraft

Online Petition to save Last Man Standing TV Show

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC6KNL, May 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC6KNL

KC6KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Based on the political slant repeated in the link above, this thread should be moved to the Just Talking - Political [Sewer]. Nothing in the link mentions ham radio and, ham radio isn't germane to the show. Then, there's barely any connection to Amateur Radio News.

3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to do a double-take on the article itself -- Change.org is hosting a petition to save LMS? That's an unlikely combination.

WF9Q and KC6KNL like this.
  4. KC6KNL

KC6KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Bryan

I am not sure if you know anything about the TV show.

If not, then please take the time to check out the following link about the debut of the show.

“Last Man Standing” – A Ham Radio First on US Prime-Time Television | DxCoffee
    http://www.dxcoffee.com/eng/2012/last-man-standing-ham-radio-prime-time-television/

The cancellation of the show is very Political right now. What isn't Political nowadays?

Ham Radio had two Network TV shows that featured Ham radio.

Last Man Standing
    Frequency

Both TV shows got cancelled.

If there is a chance to save one of the shows, then Why not?

You may not agree with the politics of the people trying to save the show, but they are trying to save a show that is a good Ambassador for Ham Radio.

Hopefully, you can put aside your Political differences with the petitioner and see the greater good for Ham Radio of saving the show.

You can fill out the petition and put in your comments as you see fit. I filled it out and mentioned that it was a good clean show that featured Ham Radio and had good ratings. I kept Politics out of my comment.

73s

Steve

PS. I used the live in Mountlake Terrace years ago. Went through Everett to go to Whidbey Island on occasion. Nice area.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I know enough to know there are MANY more important things in my life, and I don't have enough time to include it.
    See above.
    Not the way I see it. They're trying to save something that makes a political statement.
    I didn't state any political differences. I DID state that the link referenced in this thread states a political position and therefore, this thread should be moved to the Just Talking - Political [Sewer]. It's NOT Amateur Radio News.

vy 73 and Best Regardses,
    Bryan WA7PRC

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

...and did so by making a fairly impassioned political statement. Their position most likely will be lost on ABC, who is the intended recipient of the petition.

I enjoyed watching the show, but it is effectively a parody about almost everything. I'm not sure hams want the show to be part of their public image, for that reason. Most of the depiction of amateur radio in the show was several seasons back, and was very parody-ish. Kind of like its depiction of most issues.

WA7PRC likes this.
  7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So do we need to save the show because its politics ? Or because there was a ham radio station in the background in a couple episodes ?

8. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Never watched it.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

WF9Q and WA7PRC like this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never mind the show...

When was the last time anyone signed one of these on-line petitions for any reason and had it make a difference?

It's total BS.

WF9Q likes this.
  10. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page