ad: k1jek

NY2U SK William {Mr Bill} Eddy Troy NY Sept 27 2011

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

NY2U SK
    former call was KA2UWK

Mr Bill was my First Contact, when I got my Amateur License, and my First Contact when I got my Vanity call.

- William J. Eddy, 58, passed away on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at the Samaritan Hospital following a long illness.
    Born in Troy on January 15, 1953, he was the son of the late Howard Randall Eddy and Marguerite T. Hull Eddy who passed away just eight days before her beloved son Bill. Bill was a lifelong Troy resident where he was raised and educated. He was a graduate of LaSalle Institute and had worked in the family business and was a mechanic at Nicoll's Service Station in Sycaway prior to his illness.

Bill was the founder and past president of the Troy Amateur Radio Association (T.A.R.A.) as the club is known, which was established in 1981 and was affiliated with the ARRL since 1991. Bill did emergency services and sky warns for Rensselaer County and many surrounding counties.
    "Mr. Bill" NY2U made many wonderful friends through the club. In addition, he loved cars of all kinds and was an avid NASCAR fan. Bill was a proud Life Member of the Brunswick #1 Fire Company. He was a devoted son, brother, uncle, great uncle, nephew, and friend to many and will be greatly missed.
    Survivors include his special brother Robert H. (Donna) Eddy of Troy; His cherished nieces Gretchen S. Eddy and Brooke (Joseph) Quintal; treasured great nephew and nieces Dylan & Hailey Quintal and Vivien and Claire Schissler , his aunts Joan Pape of Rensselaer and Louise Eddy of Troy and cousins and special friends.
    He leaves behind his dear and trusted friend Karen (Mac) Smith of Watervliet, who was always there for him before and during his illness without question. Karen's devotion to Bill has been very much appreciated by his family.

Funeral Services will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 11:00 am at the Doran Funeral Home 9 South Lake Avenue, Troy. Interment will follow at Oakwood Cemetery. Friends and relatives are invited and may call on Friday from 4-7 pm at the funeral home.
    As a tribute to Bill and in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions would be appreciated to The Troy Amateur Radio Association, P.O. Box 1292, Troy, NY 12181

NY2U SK

Mr Bill had a great sense of humor, one day as I was parking the car, I was saying talk to you later Mr Bill, I am going to go in the house.
    Mr Bill says "Oh; so your Home-Lee" :)

You shall be missed by Many, Mr Bill.

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield Jr

http://www.n2ty.org/images/FD 2009/P6271614.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. N2FPJ

N2FPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr. Bill NY2U was a great guy. Always ready to help anyone in this great hobby. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him. RIP Brother Firefighter .

3. KB2HPW

KB2HPW Ham Member QRZ Page

Billy really was a good ambassador for ham radio in the Capital District. Probably the most known voice on the local repeaters, and was always there when you put your callsign out. I also knew him thru my days at Squadrito's garage, John, and the guys at Brunswick 1. I was also a muscle car guy, he Ford and me Chevy :) so we always had our friendly jabs.
    Thank you Bill. 73 de Dave

4. WA1RKS

WA1RKS Guest

One thing I could always count on, was a good round of Kibitzing from Bill, when ever I caught him on the air, "Cookie monster" as the xyl and I knew him. he was fond of his cookies. his mom baked some nice ones too! RIP de Ellis & Carli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.