ad: QSLWorks-1

NJ Amateur Loses License in Enforcement Action

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2IE, Jun 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2IE

K2IE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

David Larsen, WS2L, will forfeit his amateur radio license to the FCC as part of the settlement of an enforcement action. He will also pay a $7500 fine. He was found to have made unauthorized transmissions on public safety frequencies licensed to the Borough of Highland Park, NJ.

Sadly, I know Dave. He was a member of our local club and a former NJ Correction Officer. He was also a Database Administrator for qrz.com. He can reapply for an amateur license in 3 years.

http://www.arrl.org/news/radio-amateur-to-lose-license-as-part-of-enforcement-case-settlement

2. WB5THT

WB5THT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That is one disturbed person, sounds like he had a grudge against that township.

3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So, I guess that the callsign WS2L will become available as a vanity callsign in two years ?

WQ4G likes this.
  4. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, not only will he lose his 2X1 call but he will have to retest for whatever class license he tries for in 3 years.
    Tom WA4ILH

K2IE likes this.
  5. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds to me like he got off easy. He should of known better, he was later confronted, denied and persisted in (juvenile) bad behavior.

K2IE likes this.
  6. K6EIR

K6EIR Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

He was also the owner and super moderator for the now defunct site RadioShackSuck.biz. I knew him via that and being a former Shacker myself. Clearly, he wasn't happy about something.

8. N6TDG

N6TDG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So using the technology built upon the work of Marconi, DeForest, and a host of others, this sad sack can only come up with a trombone sound to display his understanding of the technology? What a waste of skin. I have no truck with trolls.

I can understand incidental music in the background of a transmission on amateur frequencies...but to spin the dial on your baofeng to transmit on the Park Services frequency takes great talent...not.