ad: ProAudio-1

New Sunspot Several Times Wider Than Earth Rotating Into View

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5XS, Nov 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought an Italian CB groundplane antenna years ago with the intention of putting on 10. But has been in attic collecting dust for years. Maybe I will get it down. If it is junk, it is certainly out of warranty! Have not had an antenna for abouve 20M in some years anyway. Except for 6.

2. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I never thought of getting QSL reports from ham beacons but that's a great idea! As a kid, I did that with NDB airport beacons!

https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Non-Directional_Beacon_(NDB)
    http://www.fivegulf.com/ndb/?freq=&pm=0&call=
    https://www.ndblist.info/beacons.htm

(Some of these sources may be out of date. Info provided for those new to beacons who want to know more)

W7UUU likes this.
  3. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

SFI recorded at 110.2 at 22:00 utc

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Here's the W7UUU/b card I send out when requested (no SASE required for Beacon cards)

Dave
    W7UUU

qsl.PNG

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. 4F8RS

4F8RS Ham Member QRZ Page

any sunspot cycle is welcome than nada!

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Internet could do with a good wiping out.

N1CTO, W2NC, WA7NTL and 1 other person like this.
  7. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

8. M6GZE

M6GZE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that far from being the start of a grand solar minimum, cycle 25 may surprise us all and show us that we still know very little about how our star works. Sunspot count at 84 today, let's hope its a sign of cracking cycle to come.

NZ5F likes this.
  9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really it's way TOO EARLY TO TELL!!! Remember about chickens & eggs (don't count'em before they truly hatch!!!)

10. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh good for you, Frank. I too hope it's as good as possible. A solid DX contact, heck any decent contact, is a lot of fun and often a good way to meet interesting people. But you already know that. Enjoy.

K6WI likes this.
  11. K6WI

K6WI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the encouragement. Should have the radio up and running on Sunday.

W7UUU likes this.
  12. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought we were discussing the positive aspects of a good solar cycle....

WJ2L likes this.
  13. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Use cw! Whatever you say, chances are the qso gets better with practice.Every one is just happy to understand. One lady told me, "tell it on cw. I do!" What's your story? I retired from a psych hospital after 31 years as a nurse with nothing but crazy patients. Talk about burn out! But telling it on cw, now I am sane! Don't loose your mind to crazy patients or mindless automation like FT 8. Join the ranks of cw ops who release their years of work in the insane asylums, by chewing the old cw qso world. Retire and play. And pray as well... always helps. The good lord keeps listening regardless of what mode you may use.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    PY2NEA and AJ6KZ like this.
  14. WJ2L

Go get em 6tz!

KE6TZ likes this.
  15. WJ2L

More spots will show up. You will have a blast. Praise the good creator that even the sun cycles will have their appointed times.