New SDR Transceiver

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KC8EQF, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K0SNG

K0SNG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Peaberry SDR for $139.00, I realize it's not under a $100.00 but it works great.

2. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not news . . . it's a WOOHOO.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

BOOHOO!

:)

4. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  6. KE4PWE

KE4PWE Ham Member QRZ Page

The last statement is probably the most true, I have one of the NOEle's also and the HF converter to go with it and their statement to me recently was they were combining the two so that you only had to use one USB cable to run it. It only cost 75 dollars for the HF converter and the stick anyways, then you have to get the preamps from the guy in South America to make them work better. Great idea to have in a transceiver but there are no roofing filters no front end to these radios so it would be hard to have an effective radio at that cost. You never know what the Chinese will come up with though, could be another UGG bofang device.

73 ke4pwe

7. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

HF receiver bundle, no transmit, just went to their website.

8. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I find Nooelec site very difficult to navigate , its been a while so my numbers are just to make a point ,
    They seem to have many multiples of the stick receivers , with lots missing info to figure which to get , then they seem to post multiples of the same at different prices .
    I do not like salesmanship that is going to offer the same thing at multiple pricing , in some cases 3 times as much .
    And then not making it clear what your getting or what combination of devices to put together what you want , they seem to rely on others and there sites / videos with a lack of info .
    I signed up for the price alerts , and get only up-pricing .
    Just my impression , with what appears to by deceptive sales [ even though once put together , they work ] I just do not like to buy from a place that operates like that ?

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Whenever someone talks about a USB SDR for AR somebody always says, "DUH! Hope it does 100W"

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. No meaningful SPECS on anything I can find, just sales gobley-gook. What did I miss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.