ad: elecraft

New Icom and Yaesu HF +6m transceivers...

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by TF3JB, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. TF3JB

TF3JB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The Tokyo hamfest 2007 was held last weekend (August 25-26). Icom introduced their new compact IC-7200 HF/50MHz 100W transceiver; Yaesu introduced their new 10W, 50W and 100W FT-950 base transceiver and Tokyo Hy-Power re-introduced their HT-200 10W QRP transceiver (first shown in 2006). You can view JA7UDE's photographs from the hamfest on www.n9vv.com.

The IC-7200 is expected to cost approx. USD 1.000, the FT-950 approx. from USD 1.900 (the 10W version) and the HT-200 should be at approx. USD 900.

73 de TF2JB.

2. TF3JB

Just want to add the following: (1) There is extensive information as of now on the new Yaesu FT-950 on www.universal-radio.com. (2) Regarding the pictures of the new Icom IC-7200 I have read elsewhere that some hams feel that it is rather an "ugly" bird and I do agree. I am, however, positive that Icom will show us the IC-7200 with a differently designed front fasica once it is ready for the market. I say this, because when Icom initially showed the us the IC-7700 at the Tokyo hamfest last year (disguised as the "X3" concept transveiver) I feel it's appearance was similarily "coarse" with reference to the finished product (IC-7700) as we can now see with the IC-7200.

3. TF3JB

4. TF3JB

Exciting news today: The Yaesu FT-950 is now shown on www.universal-radio.com with full specifications and being offered at USD 1.469.95 (the 100W version). Apparently the first transceivers will be delivered already by the end of this month (September)...

73 de TF2JB.

5. KW4BY

KW4BY Ham Member QRZ Page

tnx tf2jb i heard about this rig yesterday hopefully not another hf rig with 6m added on specs good at 20m but what does it do at 6m ?? is question i have for these new radios most marginal without some modifications

6. TF3JB

7. TF3JB

Now that the Yaesu FT-950 is finally on the market, lots of people are awaiting first impression comments. There is also a full page advertizement in the October issue of QST (on the last page on the inside of the magazine, i.e. page 162).

Also, lots of speculation about the new Icom IC-7200. I have already stated that I feel confident that the final product will look somewhat "softer" in appearance than the prototype. It is also being discussed, that the new 7200 will in fact not replace the IC-718 (which has been on the market already for about eight years) since the 718 continues to sell well. If that holds true, the 7200 will be a "net" addition to the Icom HF-line... A discussion group has been formed for those interested in the new IC-7200: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ic7200/.

73 de TF2JB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.