ad: ProAudio-1

New Ham Radio Website

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE4OBT, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KE4OBT

KE4OBT Ham Member QRZ Page

We would like to invite our fellow hams to join us on our new website. Ham Radio Advisors is dedicated to Ham Radio Operators, those who are interested in becoming Hams, and those who enjoy Shortwave Listening. Ham Radio Advisors has been made accessible for the visually and physically disabled users of System Access by Serotek.
    We have sections that include; forums, classified ads, a map to place your pin on, personal blogs which include a personal guestbook, uploads and downloads, links to other websites, a guestbook for the site, Hams who participate in tailgates and potlucks - there's even a section to add or get recipes.
    Users must be registered to see all of the sections, but the registration is free! And pretty easy to do, if I do say so myself. :D
    We are looking for elmers to join the site and help out in the forums for the new Hams.
    If you have any questions, comments about the site, please feel free to contact me at info@hraus.net.
    Hope to see you on the site soon.

Philip "Flip" Halley
    KE4OBT

2. EB5BBM

EB5BBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations for new web page

Congratulations for the web page. As you said it's pretty easy to register.
    Good luck and see ya´there!:)

73's
    Joe
    EB 5 BBM

3. KE4OBT

Joe,
    glad you didn't have any problems with the registration.
    Hope you enjoy what we have put on the site to help other Hams. We still have some more things to put up there.
    Feel free to post in any of the categories in our forum, add any programs or manuals to the Up/Download section, add a marker to the Users Map, add any Ham related Web Links that would be interesting, add Ham terms to the Encyclopedia, add recipes (especially those we may not be used to here in the States, but are delicious). For now, the classifieds has only been set up for ads here in the States, but we will be adding countries as we can. Plus, we will be adding a video broadcast over the weekend - now just to figure out what to say. :)
    Let all of your Ham friends (and those interested in Ham Radio) know about our site.

Flip
    KE4OBT

ps for those who may be using the Ham Info Tool Bar, we are listed under the user's websites as KD4FBI and KE4OBT under United States (of course).

4. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I tried to register but couldn't remember the sqrt 5!! :)

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. EB5BBM

EB5BBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!!

Thanks a lot Flip,

I posted yesterday about recent China's earthquake disaster and will try on posting and trying to collaborate with the FB initiative you've developed.

Will let my local friends from recent 9X0R Rwanda's Dx-pedition 2008 know about the page in order to upload some pictures and others.

Again congratulations and my best 73's 2u All.:)

Joe
    EB 5 BBM

6. KE4OBT

posted in wrong place

Tom was your post in the wrong place?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. KC4UMO

KC4UMO Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom

8. KE4OBT

Tom,
    This is what you had posted. I couldn't understand what you were asking.
    What is a "sqrt". I'm guessing square root, but the spam block question we have in the registration doesn't have any square roots in it.
    I had asked if you had possibly posted that in the wrong place.
    You may either reply to me here or just send me an e-mail or personal message.

Flip
    KE4OBT

9. KE4OBT

Just as an addition. We are looking for people around the world to post Ham related news stories on our site that we may not get in our local news or in the US at all.
    If you would like to volunteer to be a "news hound" for our site, please go register and then send us a private message or e-mail to let us know that you want to post news on the site from time to time.
    All news and postings are moderated before they are posted on the site just to make sure we don't have someone register and then want to post items which are not at all suitable for a family rated site.

Flip
    KE4OBT

10. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

The sqr root of 5 joke got misplaced. Ignore.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.