ad: elecraft

New GeoChron 4K and Firmware Preview

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Sep 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. NQ0S

NQ0S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What an awesome shack! Looks like an amazing place to spend some time on the air.

W7UUU likes this.
  2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I notice no discernible ham hardware in the photo. You had lot's to replace since the fire. I'm suspecting you have replaced lots of hardware. Have you ever shared what your new hardware selections are?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You can see a whole series of new shack photos at my QRZ bio page. But yes, 99% was destroyed so it's all new since the fire

Dave
    W7UUU

AA5BK and WD0BCT like this.
  4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! I never thought to check your bio page. :rolleyes:
    Neat photos and quite a hardware description!

W7UUU likes this.
  5. K2OO

K2OO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only the premium layers (ham radio and earthquake) have a cost. — that’s due to the need for constant information updates. The cost depends on the length of the subscription.
    Andy k2oo

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

According to the menu in mine, the only "premium layer" is Earthquakes. It came with ham radio - zones, prefixes, all that.

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

Your renewed shack shows your amazing resiliance and dedication! Clearly you got the message that looking back only helps if you are moving forward:)

Your new shack looks like the JPL control room. Way, way cool, And the Geochrons really make it look like 'Marconi's Mancave'!

Enjoy!

W0PV and W7UUU like this.
  8. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The ham radio bundle appeared as an option for me after manually requesting a system update.

I have to admit that I'm sorely tempted.

AA5BK likes this.