ad: M2Ant-1

New Equipment Rumors?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WA0TJT, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC9JUM

KC9JUM Ham Member QRZ Page

There are persistent rumors of the first manufactured rig for 33CM (902 to 928) from Alinco. I am not sure of the truth of these rumors.

2. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

What rig?

Well I have owned several on your list such as the Yaesu 857D,Icom 706 & 706 MII,& NOW the Icom 7000.By far the best is the IC-7000 & the worst was th 857D which was NOT a quiet radio at all.If "GIVEN" another 857D & told I HAD TO use it every day to keep it I would have to PASS on the offer.I REALLY "HATED" that radio unlike any radio I have EVER operated.WORST menu system & manual as well.As for the ICOM's they ALL were & are better than the 857D & just as TOUGH & the 857D is a CHEAP want to be an ICOM 7000 that does NOT even come close.You get what you pay for!That's my 2 cents worth.:D

Clayton
    W4KVW

3. M0DCD

M0DCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Having been loaned an IC-7000, it took a few hours for me to realise that although it was a nice size, packed plenty of bell and whistles, that to me I wouldn't be happy with it. Just the way it wasn't very intuitive - I'm used to looking at a rig and seeing what the controls do.

That's because I've had a TS440SAT for years.

So now I've got an FT-950. Occupies a bit more real estate in the shack, but fewer gray hairs at the operator end. Will still have to RTFM for a while yet though. The smaller ones from Yaesu didn't even come up in the running for me.

If anyone wants to pack a 136kHz - 2400MHz multimode into a matchbox, just make sure that you don't need to wade through 12 menus to adjust the RF gain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.