New AM website

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K5YGC, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5YGC

K5YGC Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W6OM

W6OM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on your new site. I invite you to link to the West Coast AM site at www.ami-west.com. Over 400 strong and still growing.

All the Best

Ron W6OM

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

cool you can't have too many AM groups:)

4. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W6OM

W6OM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, I have many "AM" video's on you Tube. Enjoy and remember, you cannot make SSB without first making AM......Unless someone changed the laws of physics last night while I was sleeping....Hi Hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwtVsiyLi8&feature=plcp

Enjoy Ron W6OM

6. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that true? Sounds as if it could be. I don't think I've operated AM more than once or twice, mostly just to test something. Seems to me it's a mode that requires a lot more than barefoot power and modest antennas.

7. K6BSO

K6BSO Ham Member QRZ Page

Technically, SSB is a form of amplitude modulation, only with one side band and the carrier suppressed.

8. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's possible to generate DSB (double sideband suppressed carrier) directly with a DSP.

9. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have DSB and never used it. On my list of things to try. But for now, I wouldn't know when I'd even use it over "regular" SSB.

10. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only if the receiving station is using DSB synchronous detection. Otherwise, it's a waste of transmit power.

BTW, pretty much all modern amateur SSB transmitters use a DSP to generate SSB. First a DSB signal (or more precisely, a series of digital values at some sampling frequency like 24 kHz) is created and then the DSB signal is run through a Hilbert transform to eliminate one sideband (this is also called the "phasing" method when analog techniques are used).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.