ad: M2Ant-1

New 3rd Rev. Edition - The Art & Skill of Radio-Te...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

ny2v writes "New! Easy to download! Third Revised Edition of The Art and Skill of Radio-Telegraphy!

William G. Pierpont’s “The Art and Skill of Radio-Telegraphy”, new Third Revised Edition, dated July 8, 2001, has just been released in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat pdf form via the download site, http://www.qsl.net/n9bor/n0hff.htm.

This edition contains miscellaneous corrections to the previous version, and most significantly, adds a High-Speed Appendix, with fascinating interviews and stories of what can be done, and how to do it. This is truly the definitive book on the subject of radio-telegraphy. As Bill points out in the document, “The art and skill of telegraphy is unique. The psychologists who have seriously studied those who have developed this skill have been fascinated and challenged to try to understand it.

Isn’t the very idea of being able to communicate your thoughts to another by means of intermittent tones something intriguing in itself?” And, he also says, “It is my hope that you, as the reader, will find it both interesting and useful. I make no claim that it is complete, perfect or final, or that it contains everything of possible value or interest. I have had to leave out some interesting items, especially of history. Perhaps some of these, plus anything you, as reader, may wish to contribute, could be added in further editions.

This book may be freely reproduced and published, but only on a no-profit basis in order to make it as widely available as possible to those who need it...” The book will be made available in many forms in the days to come. The decision has been made to make the book downloadable so it can be read off-line, as well as printed, by the computer user. This obviates the need for an HTML edition as was previously available.

– from Fred Adsit, NY2V, July 8, 2001"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.