ad: ProAudio-1

Nebraska Amateur Radio License Plate Form

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0AVM, Feb 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0AVM

W0AVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all the comments and mail. For some reason qsl.net wouldnt allow the file to be opened or downloaded so i moved it to my other server. The main reason I put the form online is because it took 20 minutes for the person at the DMV here to find and make a copy of it for me and some of the guys here have had similar waits as well.

Heres the link that replaces the qsl.net link.
    ham plate pdf

Thanks and 73!
    w0avm [​IMG]

2. KB1GNI

KB1GNI Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, New Hampshire does not have an amateur radio plate.  [​IMG]
    How many other states don't have these plates available? Anyone know?

3. AK6S

AK6S Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Ham buddies!
    Here in Az it is easy to get ham plates.  What is difficult is after someone steels your vehicle and you don't get it back.  Plates are in the computer as stolen and no replacement plate can be issued.
    I never thought about how easy it would be for the bad guy to retrive our home information!  Just did think!
    Sherry AK6S

4. AA9AW

AA9AW Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting thing about Wisconsin amateur plates is that you can have your callsign on multiple cars. It really screws with the guys at the quicklube place, they can't understand how I have two cars with the exact same plate [​IMG]

5. N4FWD

N4FWD Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (decaym @ Feb. 26 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As proud as I am of my callsign, you won't ever see me driving around with it displayed on the back of a car.  It is just too much like putting one's home address on a big sign for everyone to see.  Any jerk who feels slighted on the freeway has an easy way to find you where you live.

-- NQ4S[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You would be surprised at how many folks have no idea of what a callsign is, much less how to look it up. With the advent of Internet, a lot of people assume the callsign is an Internet handle.

6. K0EES

K0EES Ham Member QRZ Page

As mentioned above, I have a PO Box listed as well, and my info from the DMV is marked private at my request, however, this does not preclude someone searching FCC Data.

It's $5 per year here in Iowa, to put my call on my Suburu's plate, which is reasonable, and I think the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages:

1.  I've been called on 146.52 quite a few times because another ham saw the plate, and a 2m antenna.

2.  I've never been pulled over with that plate. (Though I am getting older, and driving more conservatively.)

3. See number 1.  Once a ham from Canada was travelling through, didn't know the local repeaters, saw my plate, and I was able to give him a good bit of local info--something that would have been doubtful to happen had it not been there.

As a side note, My truck has "CQ DX" for it's plate [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.