NASA to host live Q&A on tracking our next Solar Cycle

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7USD, Sep 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

anisun.gif

You might find this better. I created it for a DX web page I had a couple of solar cycles ago.

MW1CFN likes this.
  2. AC5O

AC5O Ham Member QRZ Page

Keith, I'm waiting for SC 25 and it can't be worse than it is now!!! Like you I need 13 more to get to Honor Roll. 327 confirmed and that was done with SC24. DX is what it is.
    73 de AC5O Jeff

NZ5F likes this.
  3. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The "11 year solar cycle" actually lasts from 9-14 years. That is not the only cycle the sun goes through. Some last hundreds of years and others last a thousand years or longer.

These alleged scientists cannot accurately produce a hypothesis since somewhat intelligent humans have only been on Earth a few thousand of Earth's several billion year life.

As with climate change, polar reversals, the solar system and so much more, these scientists are rarely close to being accurate yet still reap large salaries. If anyone else failed at their job as much as these "scientists" do, we would be quickly terminated.

Instead of wasting time on their fabricated fiction, just get on the radio and be "radioactive" by any and all means. When HF is not cooperating, play around on VHF/UHF, build and install new antennas, rearrange the shack etc.

NL7W, N9EAW, KE0HTG and 1 other person like this.
  4. LU1FMS

LU1FMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Most wait for the miracle of the sun, few operators worry about better antennas, look for a better reception, experiment!
    Many QAP stations and few calling CQ or DX, at least in my area.
    Excuse my English, I use a translator :)
    good contacts

VK5FUSE and PY2RAF like this.
  5. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometimes reading reports of solar activity this and coronal ejection that I feel like an Etruscan priest might have, trying to make predictions based on the entrails of a sheep. (For those who care this is called haruspicy.) Still, nothing lasts forever and sooner or later Old Sol will come back. Let's hope it is sooner.

6. N1IPU

N1IPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have the time check out suspiciousobservers.org
    They are very cutting edge to whats going on and if you dig going back years you can clearly see how the science establishment does back flips to counter them then over time accept much of their work. One of the biggest takeaways is their tracking of the weakening magnetic field as we close in on reversal. As it stands now lesser solar storms will have a greater impact then in the past. Going to be interesting how that will play in relation to radio. and propagation.

7. WB0ZRD

WB0ZRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As a scientist, although in a different field, your statements are so wrong.

K7RA, W6APH and KN4LGM like this.
  8. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Coming from a "scientist", I would expect a remark such as yours.

9. K6UTJ

K6UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, cycle 25 will be as bad or worse than 24... as we slip further into Grand Solar Minimum.... and our shields continue to weaken. Solar forcing is the leading progenitor of our planet's increased carbon emissions... We are actually cooling.... more so then warming...

Ben has been covering this unfolding train wreck for years....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    NL7W likes this.
  10. KG8ZQ

KG8ZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We golfing hams frequently use haruspicy to settle disputes on the course. It's much easier than reading "The Rules of Golf"!

VK5FUSE likes this.