ad: MyersEng-1

NASA Reveals Project For “HF” Radio Telescope on Far Side of Moon

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9GB, Apr 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes Yes !!! And all Deep Space Antennas must be installed so they are not visible from the street, and pre-approved by the board.

Dress Code - All Moon Base Alpha Residents must wear a Two-Toned Tan/Mauve colored Spandex top with matching Bell-Bottom slacks, Florsheim Ivory Cream Disco Shoes, a 6" Vinyl warp-around accessory Belt, and speak with slight Midwestern Canadian accent

[​IMG]

KD4MOJ and KA0HCP like this.
  2. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

What people like AJ3O don't understand is that whenever you are talking about human beings, the only absolute is that there are no absolutes. The fact that Brian May was both a PhD physicist AND a famous musician does not, under any circumstances, refute the statistical fact that in the overwhelming majority of cases, artistic thought and scientific thought are generally exclusive of each other. But some people just like to be 'no-it-alls" and try to poke holes in any common knowledge because they think it makes them look smart. Smart is accepting that while outliers exist, it does not refute the general facts.

W1YW likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

My personal experience is that musical ability occasionally goes with mathematical acumen. But I seldom see the other--that is, profoundly talented musicians with a mathematical ability.

Stay healthy:)

Chip W1YW

KI7HSB likes this.
  4. KI7HSB

Agreed... Music, while often considered to be an art, has such mathematical and logical underpinnings. It's not totally unreasonable to suggest that it is the one 'art' that can be both art and science. From my own experience, though I have a degree in Engineering, but not a PhD, and I was in a rock band when I was young, but was not even remotely a rock star... Today, I am both an aerospace engineer and a guitar player. I know others that have the same history. We jam sometimes...

W1YW likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We'all be shreddin;-)

6. KI7HSB

Can you just imagine an all Boeing engineer rock band...

Oh, the horrors.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Arrangement by Gantt chart ;-)

8. KI7HSB

Presented by PowerPoint.... :p

W1YW likes this.
  9. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Shark Tank. That is a sure (Shure) winner!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

10. NE0G

NE0G Ham Member QRZ Page

can somebody please hold that moon still!!

11. KI7HSB

Someone needs a tripod.

12. WA6DB

WA6DB Ham Member QRZ Page

will never face the earth never

13. KK7DV

KK7DV Ham Member QRZ Page

We can use a communications satellite in a halo orbit around the Earth-Moon L2 point, as done for the Chinese rover on the far side of the moon:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang'e_4

G4VZR likes this.
  14. ZL3DW

ZL3DW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, actually no. The "dark side" of the Moon never faces Earth, The Moon always has the same side facing Earth.

15. W5CBO

W5CBO Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't care what it does as long as it doesn't make any noise on any band with the possible exception of 11 meters.