ad: cq2k-1

NA Collegiate Championship

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9CT, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K9CT

K9CT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC) announces the North American Collegiate Championship (NACC)

The goal of this initiative is to attract new contesters from the college ranks. The NACC is a contest within a contest and is held in conjunction with the North American QSO Party (NAQP) Phone contest on January 20, 2018. We invite other contest clubs to join us and help make the NACC a success.

Why would a college age ham be interested in this event?

• Scoring is live and online – contestants see real time scores of all competitors from the start of the contest to the end

• Schools compete against all other college teams

• Playing field is level, 100 watt power level, only simple antennas needed

• Contest is short – only 12 hours on a Saturday

• Individual contestants enjoy the social aspect of team contesting

• High level of activity in the NAQP - college club competitors will compete in a large, busy, and fun contest

We challenge all contest clubs in North America to help get college stations on the air for this event. We have a mutually beneficial interest in getting the next generation of contesters active and on the air. If you are an alum of a college or university, please contact their club, get them active for this event, and/or mentor them.

Please visit SMC’s website, www.w9smc.com/nacc for information, registration procedures, and NAQP rules. We are also looking for award sponsors for this event. All awards are open...national, state, and conference awards are all possible.

Feel free to contact the SMC’s point of contact craig@k9ct.us with any questions.

K3XR, K0MD and WB9VPG like this.
  2. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great effort ! Look forward to this and will be operating with the crew at the ARC at
    Indiana University, K9IU.

To my fellow big 10 ham club students and alums - Let’s get ALL the big-10 conference ham clubs on air! A big-10 “clean sweep” award would be cool.

Joe K7JOE

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. N4OGW

N4OGW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll see if I can get anyone on from W5YD, but right now it does not seem likely.

Joe- you won't be able to operate...all operators have to be currently enrolled students. Staff, faculty, alumni are not allowed to operate.

Tor
    N4OGW

4. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Guest

bummer... it has to be a college club?

oh well that cuts me out.

5. N4OGW

N4OGW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is just organizing a sub-group of college stations within the bigger NAQP (North American QSO Party) contest. Anyone can operate NAQP.

Tor
    N4OGW

6. AD8Y

AD8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

CWRU's W8EDU will likely participate--news as planning begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.