ad: Retevis-1

N7GSU QSLs - Great Product and Service

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

N7GSU QSLs is a new concept! These are custom, full-color (includes photos), professionally designed QSLs for individuals, clubs, special event stations and DXpeditions - that are designed to be printed by you; using your computer and color inkjet or color laser printer.

<TABLE>
    <TR>
    <TD>I decided that I would like to have custom QSL cards made up when I setup a mobile HF station in my Jeep. Being a "Do it yourself" kind of guy, I searched the internet for a good picture of a Jeep, that was somewhat similar to mine. I found a pretty good image at the Jeep site. I don't think that they would mind me doing a little more advertising for them so I used their image as a base for my QSL card.
    </TD>
    <TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

I then set to work with image editing tools and word processors and all the other tools available to a professional software engineer. The sad truth of the matter is, software engineers with no artistic skills should not try to be graphic artists... I was able to chop up my image and put an antenna on it, but I could not come up with a design that I was proud of. So I sent the image I created to several QSL print shops. They did not think the image was of sufficient resolution to yield a good product. I was disappointed.

I then found out about N7GSU's QSL Design service. He will take an image, format it with the standard QSL "stuff", and produce a .PDF file that contains several instances of a QSL to be printed with a color printer. We passed a few emails back and forth, and on the second pass he sent me a draft image that I thought was GREAT! I sent him his fee, via PayPal. In no time flat I had my .PDF file.

I printed up a page of QSL and Eyeball cards at work and brought that to Kinkos to be copied and cut onto glossy card stock. I must say that I am pretty happy with the results. N7GSU must like it too. My QSL card is featured on his website.

For more information see the N7GSU Website

Willie Peloquin

N8WP

QRZ.com News Editor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.