ad: chuckmartin

N0RP - Ray Pautz

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KA0SOG, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA0SOG

KA0SOG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ray Pautz, N0RP, passed Wednesday the 22nd. A lifelong ham, a Brother Mason and Shriner. He had long held about every office and committee chair at the Ararat Shrine Amateur Radio Club. Most recently he served as our treasurer. And he was a treasure. Ray was an unselfish and giving man who has racked up more hours on behalf of our Shrine kids and ham community activities than anyone could try to count. He was a big proponent and organizer of the batttle of the high school bands down at CMSU at Warrensburg each year. But then Ray was the kind of guy who didn't keep score. He gave of himself for the better good and didn't need or want to take bows. He gave to others because it was the character of our Brother to do so. He was also very involved in his own community amateur radio clubs at Warrensburg. His wonderful wife Katie has all our love and support. She too is a ham and always takes an active role in the Ladies group which supported our club as well as other activites Ray was involved with.

Ray leaves a big hole in a lot of peoples hearts. We will miss you greatly my Noble friend.

Dave Hinkley KA0SOG
    President Ararat Shrine Amateur Radio Club

2. ND0Y

ND0Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Second that...

Ray gave me my Novice exam back in 1976 and was on my son's VE team for his Technician class license in 2004. He was a great friend and will be missed by everyone who knew him.

Rodger
    ND0Y
    :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.